ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

Just to clear up my previous posts , saying I've never seen ZM at

a regional was a joke  :rolleyes:

Mistake in my comment about Tamiya's stabilizer being too thin

I meant vertical , not horizontal, comment made because someone

was purporting the Tamiya as the be all and end all in accuracy.

I'd , of course, love to see a nicely done B stang but I'll only be

interested in ZM's if it's a continuation of their Basic line ,

which we haven't seen yet.

Edited by MikeMaben

Gustav is a perfect platform for huge expansion. If ZM follows the logic that they did with their Phantom, we can expect various releases in the years to come.

Hopefully, that will wake up a sleeping giant /Tamiya/ and we will get 109 from them as well. Never hurt to have competition. We will all win at the end.

12 hours ago, spacewolf said:

These are undreamed of days for those of us who remember what it was like dreaming of kits like this 20 or 30 years ago... mainstream 1/32 injection molded, high quality kits of our dream machines. We have various price and quality/ detail ranges...aftermarket all over the place, photo etch, decals and you name it... we are so d*mn lucky to be living right now. Yes the top end is expensive.. always has been that way... but then, everything of top quality always is... but man !.. 1/32 4 eng. bombers ?.. Who 10 years ago would have believed this ?... I'm not gonna get them but I'm in awe and thrilled for those who will get and build these big beautiful beasts.

I choose to build and support.

Vaughn

Right with you there Vaughn! I can remember lusting after the list of 1/32 ID vacforms in modelling mag adverts from the 1980s (now available from Tigger). All my Axis targets were there, Bf109K, Ta152H, J7W1, Ar234, Ju88, He219 and He162. I bought a couple of ID vacs, and attempted to build them only to find that they were way beyond my skills! I can also recall fruitlessly trawling our local model shop In Newcastle searching for Revell 1/32 kits (the old ones!) that were long oop.

I also bought the Battledec vac from the 1970s for the Ho229. Paper thin plastic... also well beyond me! Despite my use of an Airfix Stirling as an interior skeleton... :o

Now all of my modelling aspirations are here (or on their way)! In large part courtesy of Z-M!

Truly great times!

49 minutes ago, PhilB said:

Maybe I'm being a bit naive here, but aren't the Hasegawa G's supposed to be the best and pretty much perfect according to the "Experten" ?

Or have they fallen out of favour?

:)

They certainly appear to be the most favoured (as a base kit) ... but if you go by the criteria I listed in the earlier post - you can put Hasegawa, Trumpeter & Revell on par.

None are alike ... all have various 'pluses' over the other two ... yet they've all managed to stuff something up.

I'm hoping ZM give us the definitive 109G ...

Meanwhile I hope they give us a Mk.III Mustang boxing 

Rog :)

7 hours ago, PhilB said:

Maybe I'm being a bit naive here, but aren't the Hasegawa G's supposed to be the best and pretty much perfect according to the "Experten" ?

The problem that some might find with all Hasegawa in-line-engine subjects is that there is no engine to model in the kit.  For this reason I believe all Hasegawa subjects of 1/32 scale in-line-engine subjects are roughly like building scaled up 1/48 kits.  If you don't care about displaying the engine and this is not an issue, the Hasegawa kits would probably be acceptable.

Edited by esarmstrong

3 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

The problem that some might find with all Hasegawa in-line-engine subjects is that there is no engine to model in the kit.  For this reason I believe all Hasegawa subjects of 1/32 scale in-line-engine subjects are roughly like building scaled up 1/48 kits.

They are, at least, priced accordingly (in Japan). The most expensive of the currently available Hasegawa 1/32 kits is the Ju 87D, which you can buy for $42.76 from HLJ. At that price, it's incredibly good value and there should be lots of aftermarket available if you want the extra detail.

10 hours ago, PhilB said:

I'd dare say that the Hasegawa G's are way more than sufficient for us mere mortals. Some of the more hardcore amongst us may still need something better though.

Actually, peeps, I just like aircraft. That's why I buy models. Some get built, most don't.

Having that box in the stash is already part of my perhaps imaginary built collection, and makes up for the fact that I can't have a hangar full of 1:1 real scale from the 20th and 21st Centuries.

Yes, the packaging does matter. Accuracy? Unless it's a dog, it might still be fun. 

Revell are like the quirky, good looking strawberry blonde in the class. Masses of fun, some cursing, she needs to be left alone sometimes, but she mostly leaves you with a happy memory. Z-M is a too high maintenance date, like being with a very pretty girl in a fleapit cinema and having to sit through Liv Ulmann's Seven Stages of a Marriage spoken in Swedish with French subtitles with only a packet of Gitanes for comfort - don't ask me how I know! 

Tony

Given the popularity of the previously released 109Gs, you have to wonder how much room there is left in the market to bring out another one, especially presumably a high end one with a full engine and interior bits.  Hasegawa answered a huge pent up demand when they released their 109G series, because prior to that, the only real kit was the ancient Revell kit.  While not perfect, they were pretty darn good, and a host of aftermarket appeared for them, and tons of kits were sold.  Then Revell released their kits, which were also good, and were competive on being cheaper, as well as having some features Hasegawa didn’t, like correct wheel well bulges inside of the wing (instead of just being external bulges stuck onto a flat upper wing).  Trumpeter also released 109Gs, which I think had engines.  Pretty much everyone who has any interest in a 109G likely already has at least one of the previous kits in their stash.

I imagine that for some, there is always room for one more, which somewhat surprises me.  It’s like in the armor world, where companies like Takom, Meng, and RFM are trying to outdo each other pumping out new Panthers and Tigers, oh my!