ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

Thanks for posting, JanG.

Very interested in how their 109G will turn out. It's a notoriously complex series of shapes difficult to bring together accurately, I wish them the best of luck in the endeavor......not getting any younger over here so please hurry!

The possibility of two P-51B/C's is wonderful news!  Personally, it's the only Mustang I have an affinity for and I'm expecting both ZM & HK to offer excellent kits.

Good to have another 234 coming, I hope Radu would be involved in the planning/development, as his MDC model is on the money. This being their second Luft. jet, I wonder if a ZM 262 is in our future?

Cheers

D.B.

3 hours ago, Padraic Conway said:

Great news Jan, especially the Ar234! And I already have the MDC and Fly versions but will probably go for the ZM issue as well...

Same for me Padraic with the Ar-234

Not so much into P-51B/C and no interest in 109 at all. But Im happy for all guys who will enjoy it :D

Really I was sure that ZM will announce Me-410 and new P-38.

Nevermind, their Ki-45  is more than great and with Hs-129 coming I can see nice time spend with their kits in upcoming months :)

jan

Really stoked to hear about the Mustang.  

So, I know nothing about these guys.   What kind of quality is ZM known for?   Tamiya level (pretty much perfect w/ regard to accuracy and details), Revell (decent but nothing special) or Kitty Hawk (typically not ready for prime time)?    

22 minutes ago, John1 said:

Really stoked to hear about the Mustang.  

So, I know nothing about these guys.   What kind of quality is ZM known for?   Tamiya level (pretty much perfect w/ regard to accuracy and details), Revell (decent but nothing special) or Kitty Hawk (typically not ready for prime time)?    

John1, the kits I’ve seen are on a par with Tamiya. They have a different approach in that they include more of the ‘structural’ elements - wing spars etc. though..

7 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Revell kits are far from the class of Tamiya, and never -ever ever ever- will get to the A-list of ZM. 

So, no thanx.

This is a ridiculous comparison. Revell aren't aiming their kits at the same market as Tamiya and ZM and their much lower prices, certainly in Revell's home markets, reflect that fact. The Revell 1/32 P-51D-5 is a perfectly fine kit for the price.

Hopefully we might even see an Ar 234C someday.  That would be awesome.  Wasn’t the 234C the fastest jet powered WWII aircraft that entered service ?  

A decent P-51B/C is just awesome to see come to light.  There are so many decent livery options to ponder.  Fundekals do you hear me?????

The BF-109 would be interesting from the internal structural build standpoint.

I’m also joyed by the fact that this conversation takes place over all those endless WNW boxkite twig contraptions with strings attached conversation.,  lol..  :coolio:

Troy 

Very happy with the news about the Mustang III...ok, the P-51B/C.

I'm really not crazy about ZM's approach with all that interior detail, but I won't be able to resist. It's the one aircraft I've wanted to see kitted properly and accurately. I'll probably buy at least one to build until HK releases theirs.

Also surprised they don't venture into more Japanese aircraft. I'm not interested, but seems like there is clearly a gap in offerings.  

Richard

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

This is a ridiculous comparison. Revell aren't aiming their kits at the same market as Tamiya and ZM and their much lower prices, certainly in Revell's home markets, reflect that fact. The Revell 1/32 P-51D-5 is a perfectly fine kit for the price.

Emphasis on "for the price".