F-18 ATARS

F`s are my favs

I have a model to show you :) , built nearly a year ago, an ATARS conversion (Arma Hobby's ATARS pod + DN Models masks for the stripes) from the F/A-18D HobbyBoss 1/48 kit. Don't ask me why i'm posting it right now ... sorry that i did not posted the build pics. But it turned out quite a nice model though. Reminds me of my older builds, oob, with no moving parts or complex mechanisms either. Well, the original HobbyBoss kit went through an overwhelming amount of modifications and improvents. Yet no moving parts here. Just the model as it is, in parked mode, control surfaces droppped, landing gear down, airbrake and canopy open..... Check it out on a few pics:

The first one is the real plane with the heavy weathering that i wanted to imitate:

1p.jpg

and the model. First a few from the underside where the ATARS is more clearly visible. Notice the SNIPER pod on the centerline as well. It's from my long built F-15C. It created a wonderful addition to the glasses of the Atars pod and it's realistic cause even this version of the F-18 could carry guided loadouts.

20.jpg

29.jpg

27.jpg

23.jpg

30.jpg

Gotta say, it's not one of my most favorite planes, i still love it, but it become wicked evil. Here is the top. 

16.jpg

15.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

7.jpg

I highly recommend checking out the full-build video ;) There is more from the building, tips, paints, steps, etc. Enjoy!

Edited by F`s are my favs

7 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Anything Kinetic in this kit? :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: 

Nope, i have no idea about it... :P just kiddin.... :) Yeah, the vertical stabilizers are borrowed from the Kinetic's F-18 kit. They are times better than the original HobbyBosse's in terms of profile (thickness) and details.