WNW Christmas Surprise

esarmstrong

4 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Wow, not to me! 115 each? For kits that were 69 to 89 when first issued? Better than current market value for sure, though. I'm sure glad I've been able to limit my interest in WNW to two kits so far.

Half of the new Duelist doxing is the new not-quite-yet released Halberstadt Cl.II, which goes for $129 itself, making the cost of the Harry Tate $100.  Don’t know what the kit originally went for, but most of the two-seaters that WNW still have in stock run $119 - $139.

Nice, a cheeky Christmas Duellist release. Like the fact lots of these OOP kits are slowly coming back and spoiling people's extortionate pricing on eBay.

Also noticed you can have a full refund if you have already pre ordered the Halberstadt on its own and now just want the Duellist boxing instead which is a good move from WnW .

Regards.Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

8 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Wow you do have will power!  I thought that the Green Tailed Albatross trilogy had sucked  just about  everyone in.  To me that offering was the best value for the dollar... If you liked the aircraft.

Yeah that trilogy sold out in less than 200 days.  I wonder if that's the record?  I'll have to go sort that out.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

You cant tease us and keep us in suspense like that my friend.........................

Crate of what?!??    :lol: 

Shameful of me. I’ll post in make the others jealous as soon as i get around a computer the next few days. Styrene mostly. And brass lol!

The Re.8 is probably the coolest British 2 seater they make, not counting the Fe.2b which is its own animal.

I missed out first time around, so I'll be buying this.

Of note: the original Re.8 decal sheet is still available directly from WNW so you can greatly expand your options with the Duelist kit and the older decal sheet.

I'm totally finished buying discontinued kits on Ebay; be patient!  Eventually you will see them again in re-releases and you can buy them at normal prices then.

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

Of note: the original Re.8 decal sheet is still available directly from WNW so you can greatly expand your options with the Duelist kit and the older decal sheet.

When buying these, be careful.  I ordered one from the original Bristol F2B Fighter kit and all they did was put it into a bubble pack and ship it.

by the time it had traveled halfway around the planet to my place, it was pretty mangled up.  Best to request a hardened package when ordering

these decal sheets.

On 11/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, kalashnikov-47 said:

When buying these, be careful.  I ordered one from the original Bristol F2B Fighter kit and all they did was put it into a bubble pack and ship it.

by the time it had traveled halfway around the planet to my place, it was pretty mangled up.  Best to request a hardened package when ordering

these decal sheets.

Another "safe" practice is to buy sheets when you buy a kit and request they stash them within kit instructions.

• 2 weeks later...