Zukei Mura: a jet in 1/32???

timvkampen

For those of you that want something different Zoukei is the place to go.  They are mainly a model airplane company with a lot of interest in the unusual and in 1/32.  Tamiya is a toy company that occasionally does a 1/32 airplane.  I would say that Zoukei might do just about anything in 1/32.  There is no telling if Tamiya will do more 1/32 or when.  

A see no reason why Zoukei won’t do a 1/32 jet.  I would not be the least surprised if they don’t do a ME-262 someday but they might do other iconic jet aircraft as well.  Who knows.  I believe though that seeing a lot of interesting 1/32 is a given from this company.

26 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

SOmebody was working on one, but its been years and no news. If there was a conversion kit, I would do it. But nothing I have seen.

HK Models are doing them right now!

Something to watch out for in 2019?

2 hours ago, timvkampen said:

It seems there are more prop-fans than jet fans on LSP, or is it just me? I see the appeal of WWII subjects, but the Cold War and more modern conflicts have plenty to offer...

I believe you are right as well.  One reason is that in the prop days the operational life was very short, just a few years as development was so fast that planes were made obsolete while still very usable.   The early jet day were the same.

With jets, the cost of the development and the systems that make them effective means less selection.  The F-15 and F-16  have been in production 46+ years, and will be flying another 50 years.  Phantoms were made in great quantity, as are many Russian jets.  Look at the F-22, it going on 25 + years since the prototype fly off and it is state of the art.

ON the 1/32 ZM jet speculation,   Look for a 1/32 Phantom in the next few years.  We should see this once the 1/48 line is built out, and the plan is to offer all of the long nose, Reece, and UK birds.  The 1/48 "B" for now is a no go, but I am trying to get them to change that thinking.   Originally GT Resin was goin to offer a Conversion set, but it would be as expensive as the Kit itself, and the Academy is much cheaper and very nicely done.    Please understand I can only say so much, but I would gather that most here will be very please over the next decade with their F-4 Phantom line.

Now back to FW-190's......:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Actually I think you are probably right, but I would suspect there are a lot of LSP jet fans out there..............more than one might think, but maybe not quite up to the number of airscrew fans. 

Yep, I'd bet that worldwide, WWII props are the biggest segment of the aviation model market, regardless of scale. 

4 hours ago, Luca said:

I'm in for a F-4K... or a F-111E... :)

Hoping to see both from HK Models and Tan Models, respectively - and with any luck before I die.

Also waiting on the vapourware Tan Models Su-33 Sea Flanker - remember that?! 

Quite happy for Zoukei Mura to be doing more Japanese subjects, exactly what they and Hasegawa (from time to time) should be doing. 

Tony

8 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wouldnt that be lovely!   If you reallly want an IM one, I may have to complete my 32nd Ken F F-82.   :lol:

I know what would do it: if you and I start a dual build log! I have one, too, along with some extras from Shapeways (radar pod & nightfighter exhausts). Two of us, getting about 85% complete would probably guarantee us of an IM one!

51 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

What's wrong with Trumpeter and Revell 1/32 Me262s that they could possibly better?

I have to agree with Jennings. Both 262's are pretty darn nice. I would hope we could move on to something not covered, like F4u-4 or -5 or AU-1, or how about some IM Panthers, or F-86A...

48 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I've been thinking instead of going with blacked out F-82 with the "big pickle" myself. I've seen a lot of the NMF ones, but not a night fighter

Yup! I think we have some work to do converting the kit as it is the prototype, but I am sure it can be done.

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Vaporware?  When was it announced that it was going to be released on a specific date Dave?  They're working on it.  Perhaps not to your schedule, but they're working on it.  I'm going to stop recommending manufacturers even provide the courtesy of announcing future kits, when all they get is abuse for it.

ICYMI, they've been working very hard on their Lancaster and other projects.  

I’m aware that they never posted a release date, nor am I expecting any specific schedule.  I’m simply saying that until they release it, or at least announce a specific release timeline, it’s vaporware.  

Used to be, a company announced a kit, and it was out in less than a year because the company usually had the design and production planned out for a release target they made the announcement.  What’s the point of some companies announcing a kit years in advance?  All it leads to is people constantly asking what’s going on with the kit, with the vague reply “they are working on it”, which could mean almost anything.  WNW was working on their Lanc for 8 years supposedly.  What value would it have been if they had announced it 8 years ago, instead of now, when they are at least able to provide a release date, and they have CAD as well as physical test buildups to show to people?   What does HK have to show for their F-4K?  Pretty much nothing other than a listing as a future release TBD and people asking when/whether the kit will be out?  Maybe they have much more than that internally, but it’s a secret, and therefore of little value to the modeling community who will be expected to buy the kit.  

I’ll be honest, I’d be fine if manufacturers stopped announcing future releases if it’s going to be some long term project many years away.  I don’t see any advantage to doing that for anyone, not to the company nor to the general modeling population.  In some cases in modeling history, it hasn’t worked out because a few companies have gotten undercut by someone else.  Announce a kit and then follow up in a few months with test shots or CAD drawings, and then follow through with the release.  That seems to be how most of the model manufacturers do it, especially the big ones like Tamiya, Hasegawa, Revell, WNW, Trumpeter, HobbyBoss, etc.

Edited by Dave Williams