Repopped Bf110C-7 ? ...

MikeMaben

55 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

I'm fairly certain Revell is re-boxing the Dragon C-7 kit. I found a list earlier from Revell that had the kit's source listed as "Cooperation" where other kits were listed as reissues or new. As Dragon are the only other company to have a 1/32 Bf-110, much less a C-7, it's a logical conclusion.

I also found this listng but it's in German:

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-im-i-quartal-2019/

Carl

Obviously a man with better eyes and brain than me then Carl, hadn't spotted that!!  IF it's a Dragon re-pop I'll be getting it for sure.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:58 AM, ade rowlands said:

With a more widespread release and hopefully a lower price it might kick the aftermarket people in to releasing some new decals and cockpit bits and wheels. 

Wheels, really nice ones, are already produced for the 110.

23 hours ago, mozart said:

I can't imagine for one second why it would be Rog.

19 hours ago, mozart said:

Obviously a man with better eyes and brain than me then Carl, hadn't spotted that!!  IF it's a Dragon re-pop I'll be getting it for sure.

Ahhhh Max!!! lol ... I was getting confused - thinking I'd missed something!! :D

I was certain that you'd checked the OP!! ...

Yep, listed as "Cooperation" which means their plastic ... though someone else moulds ... into their boxes ... usually with their decals.

I know they used to do it a fair bit with folks like Hasegawa ... but with the Italeri and ICM before this ... it seems to be a thing they're doing more now!

Rog :)

I’m sure they will completely redo the instruction sheet as the format of the Revell sheets is quite different from Dragon’s format.  Whether they know about the errors in the Dragon sheet and will fix them is the big question.

Revell has done tons of reboxings of other people’s kits.  Hasegawa, Matchbox, ICM, and Italeri to name a few.  They’ve definitely repopped Dragon before as their 1/48 Ju-88s.  That said, the manufacturers have to give their permission, and there probably are a few who won’t let anyone else repop their stuff.  I’d guess WNW would be among the latter.

Edited by Dave Williams

2 hours ago, Ralph-D said:

I'm curious if the Revell instruction sheet has the same mistakes as the Dragon sheet..if not, I'm delighted to use the Revell one for replacement

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m sure they will completely redo the instruction sheet as the format of the Revell sheets is quite different from Dragon’s format.  Whether they know about the errors in the Dragon sheet and will fix them is the big question.

Revell has done tons of reboxings of other people’s kits.  Hasegawa, Matchbox, ICM, and Italeri to name a few.  They’ve definitely repopped Dragon before as their 1/48 Ju-88s.  That said, the manufacturers have to give their permission, and there probably are a few who won’t let anyone else repop their stuff.  I’d guess WNW would be among the latter.

As far as I am aware subsequent issues of the Dragon 110 kits had the instructions corrected ... and were then retconned for the next batches of the C-7.

I believe that it was only ever the first issue of the C-7 kits that featured the dodgy instructions.

Rog :)