Repopped Bf110C-7 ? ...

MikeMaben

Hello

Does it mean rahter than Revell will not do a G4?

If they have bought a mold, I am not convince that Revel develops theirs owns series with the last quality standart..

So, I will wait for an another investissment, from Revell, like a Dornier 17 & sons, nighfighters of course...:-)

Amitiés

Fab

(Thierry, I will send you a PM!)

7 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

We are way overdue a Dornier Do 17, really thought Revell would have produced one by now after their other Luftwaffe twins.

They would do well with a new mold kit that has never been done.

The Dornier being one of them.

Why not another small plane like the Heinkel Salamander.That one realy started their whole line of new kits.

IMO,we can speak of before and after the Salamander kind of Revell kits

Edited by Erwin

12 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

This re-release is also interesting for another reason: as far as I am remembering correctly, this is the first time both companies are collaborating since the late nineties when Revell released in Europe some German WW2 AFV kits that were sold under the Gunze Sangyo label in Japan. 

Dragon's 1/48th Ta-154/Fw-190 Mistel was available in a Revell box until fairly recently, Scalemates says it was issued in 2012,

Cheers,

Bill.

As regards the original Dragon C-7 instructions ... I must have the earliest boxing with poor instructions that Artful mentioned, just opened my kit for a look again and found out a correction for the original instructions print out I'd downloaded somewhere (probably here?) completely forgot I'd done that! Was considering selling this kit before the news of the Revell re-boxing became more widespread (mostly because of a corrected instruction sheet they will probably do) but really dont need that now, by time I sell my kit and Ebay take their cut it would be saving nothing at all I guess? besides I do like the Dragon C-7 decal choice and there are 2 options in the box.

Glad I re-opened the box, it looks an amazing kit and was good value for what I paid for mine and that makes it outstanding value for money for what Revell will likely price it for.

I need to push this up the list in my build order, for those in need of a good quality 1/32 Bf110 I would not hesitate in waiting for Revells re-pop.

JsvakAD.jpg

Obligatory Cat in a box pic too, whenever I open a kit box he has to sit inside it ... cats are weird :)

OaaQrVE.jpg

Revell RV4961   1:32 Messerschmitt Bf-110C-7 (ex Dragon) Due April 2019 Aircraft kits (injection) Future Releases £59.99
£53.99

£54 quidski with the 10% backorder discount. 

I'm guessing new instructions but no etch (à la recent Mirage) 

Interested in a proper night-fighter like a G-4. I wonder if Revell are just buying bagged trees or whether there's future scope for new parts, picking up from where Dragon dropped the ball?

Platinum BONE in 1/48 allegedly has jet nozzles sans turkey feathers. I wished their Auntie Junkers in that scale finally would be issued with floats - :please:

Tony 

8 hours ago, Southern Bandit said:

As regards the original Dragon C-7 instructions ... I must have the earliest boxing with poor instructions that Artful mentioned, just opened my kit for a look again and found out a correction for the original instructions print out I'd downloaded somewhere (probably here?) completely forgot I'd done that!

Mr. Green did the only ones I know of :

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/features/bf110c732erratabg_1.htm

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/kits/dragon3203reviewbg_1.htm