Hobby Boss 1/32 B-24J - Initial Observations

acresearcher

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

2)  are not the plastic legs on show 'place holders' for cast metal parts? 

1)  don't expect this will change with the D / Ploesti boxing but a good squirt of PB4Y dark grey blue on the uppers will hide much sin

Tony 

No.  Inner parts are plastic. Unless they plan on shipping out metal inners to purchasers at a later date (I highly doubt it) this is what we got.

I feel like there's been a little confusion here, so I want to gather some thoughts into one comment so folks can be up to speed:

1. The wing airfoil is the wrong shape. It would take considerable retooling to fix, so you better be able to live with it if you want one, or be ready for extensive surgery.

2. The front turret is completely frosted, with the "frosting" on the outside. It will need to be polished to be more correct. The rear turret does not appear to need any polishing. The seams in the turrets in a whole other issue.

3. The interior core pieces for the landing gear legs are molded in plastic, and appear to have been intended to be molded in metal. Whether they show up in metal in later boxes/releases is yet to be seen.

HTH

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

11 hours ago, Jan_G said:

this eshop in Poland has them for 129€ + aprox. 10€ delivery within EU and UK

https://www.plastmodel.pl/p/653/38024/hobby-boss-83211-b-24j-liberator-1-32-.html

jan

i have bought from this seller before (quite a few Tasca Sherman kits) and they were fine if that helps

2 hours ago, nmayhew said:

i have bought from this seller before (quite a few Tasca Sherman kits) and they were fine if that helps

Thanks Nick. Personal recommendation always helps. I was trying to avoid buying one of these on space grounds, but a price like this is really putting my resolve to the test! :o

54 minutes ago, Padraic Conway said:

Thanks Nick. Personal recommendation always helps. I was trying to avoid buying one of these on space grounds, but a price like this is really putting my resolve to the test! :o

I have placed several orders on plastmodel.pl Padraic and never have any issue, so I could recommend them as well :)

jan