Hobby Boss 1/32 B-24J - Initial Observations

acresearcher

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

OH yeah, Ive got my scheme for my J all planned out...................and will probably bring some raised eye brows with it!   It will be a "Tidal Wave" of Consolidated goodness! 

Tell me it's OD ?

I remember doing a 1/72 one when I was a yoof and it took 2 pots of humbrol OD and a big brush.

:D

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

It has arrived at Scalehobbyist!!!

Mike

What the?  $250, like everywhere else in the US.  I don’t see how Hannants can sell the kit for $140 USD, unless the US importer is forcing some fixed high pricing on the kit.  At this point, might as well get it from GB, since I can’t see shipping being $110.

I simply refuse to pay $250 for the kit, especially with the issues like the turret seams and simplified engines.  Maybe if Squadron has it available during a Christmas sale, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the kit go out of stock just before any sale.

16 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

What the?  $250, like everywhere else in the US.  I don’t see how Hannants can sell the kit for $140 USD, unless the US importer is forcing some fixed high pricing on the kit.  At this point, might as well get it from GB, since I can’t see shipping being $110.

I simply refuse to pay $250 for the kit, especially with the issues like the turret seams and simplified engines.  Maybe if Squadron has it available during a Christmas sale, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the kit go out of stock just before any sale.

The US distributor (MMD) imposed a strict MAP pricing of the MSRP  on this kit. Noone is allowed to sell below it ..else they will not be able to buy from them anymore. 

Edited by pzcreations

having just read through this entire thread..I cant believe someone actually said the wing root is the most distinctive part of this plane.   Thats like checking out  a girl and commenting on her elbows.  

The B24 ,with its big fat nose ,twin tails and long wings  has been my favorite WWII bomber , and I didnt notice the wing root until pointed out... but the first thing I did look for were the turrets construction (built enough Minicraft kits)  ,and to me they failed on this kit. I doubt any AM companies except perhaps in vac form will tackle the clear parts , and so far ,those have sucked when it comes to turrets and complex canopies. They just never fit right (because theyre always formed 'over' the original part)

43 minutes ago, pzcreations said:

having just read through this entire thread..I cant believe someone actually said the wing root is the most distinctive part of this plane.   Thats like checking out  a girl and commenting on her elbows.  

Your opinion PZ.  It may not be the most distinctive but when you look at the shape of the Hobbyboss intersection of wing and fuselage, to me it really jumps out.   

Plus, I'm a huge fan of the female elbow.  Don't judge me!!  :)