Hobby Boss 1/32 B-24J - Initial Observations

acresearcher

Really most of this is just talk until we get our hands on the actual 1/32nd kit plastic and some profiles/drawings confirmed used by the manufacturer.   I think all that will come in time, but I do think it will take having the kit plastic in hand first before making some concrete judgments. 

1 hour ago, Markjames1968 said:

This one seems pretty good..

Could be just my eye but this seems like a greater bulge and taper compared to drawing and closer to photo. ( not saying drawing isn’t correct though) 

2 questions:

1. When do ‘we get a hand on the kits’ so we can compare?

and

2. Who is Radu?

Edited by Pup7309

1 minute ago, Pup7309 said:

2. Who is Radu?

Radu Brinzan of RB Productions:

http://www.radubstore.com/

As well as being an amazing modeller in his own right, Radu has been involved in the development of several LSP kits, most notably the sadly sidelined Ki-61 and Ar 234 kits from MDC (and many others besides, I'm sure).

Kev

3 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

As well as being an amazing modeller in his own right, Radu has been involved in the development of several LSP kits, most notably the sadly sidelined Ki-61 and Ar 234 kits from MDC (and many others besides, I'm sure).

Kev

Thanks

Kept seeing mention of and wasn’t sure if a legendary or real reference (maybe both it seems.)

8 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

Indeed, he also kitted my little MXY-7 and IIRC, also helped out on the new tool Revell P-51D

3 minutes ago, Sanderman said:

Do we really need a subject matter expert?  For anyone who knows B24s even vaguely or can look at pictures of the real thing  this wing root error is visible from space.

So you have the HB kit then? 

I'd say its pretty hard to make a definitive statement like that about a kit hasn't even been released yet.

It would be much more relevant to provide pics of these errors visible from space

1 hour ago, Sanderman said:

Do we really need a subject matter expert?  For anyone who knows B24s even vaguely or can look at pictures of the real thing  this wing root error is visible from space.

The OP of this topic is an expert who has made initial observations based on photographs only.

As he says in his post: "Please note that these comments are based upon what I could determine from photos - not handling the plastic - and thus may be open to further discussion. "

We always need an expert to give a balanced and subjective view based on whatever evidence is available at the time.

Otherwise we just get people making sensationalist comments and throwing rocks when they don't even have the kit in their hands.

:)

12 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

2. Who is Radu?

For the purposes of this discussion, I am just a model-builder that would like to buy a Liberator kit. I was (and I still am) involved in the development of a variety of model-related products in a number of ways at a number of levels, but in this case I only speak as a "potential customer." I do not imagine myself as an "expert" in anything. I can only call myself a "good listener". Everything I know, I learned by listening to others smarter than me. 

The truth of the matter is that I do not know if there is a problem with this kit. There may be a problem, but this is not the way to assess it. And if there is indeed a problem with this kit, I will live with it. But that is just me. You can do what you want, I am not forcing my opinion on anyone, 

Radu

Edited by Radub