CAC Boomerang A46-217 “Hep Cat” Finished.

ericg

Thanks guys.

I cast up some copies today and will be selling these for $15 each plus post. My first batch has sold out already and will do another batch tomorrow for those interested.

IMG_4725-X3.jpg

I painted my own panel with MRP `Tyre Rubber' and then used the excellent Airscale WW2 British instruments to fill the holes. 

IMG_4722-X3.jpg

I filled the hole with future (YES I USED FUTURE!!) to silumate glass faces of the instruments.

IMG_4718-X3.jpg[/quote]

Some more work. I used the new British interior green from SMS and am very impressed with the results. Pour it in the airbrush and spray. This stuff is really good paint and is super smooth.

IMG_E4759-X3.jpg

I felt the seat needed a bit of work so I added some detail from plastic card according to my references.

IMG_4769-X3.jpg

I primed it and then painted it silver, followed by some chipping of the interior green using AK Worn effects.

IMG_4778-X3.jpg

Absolutely fabulous work!. Amazing detail and clever solutions to problems. I'm so impressed by everything you've done so far, lots of inspiration.

Funny, of all that you've done, the thing I kept coming back to look at was that seat! It is so convincing!!! The weathering, and chips and scratches...so realistic.

Richard

On 12/1/2018 at 1:05 AM, thierry laurent said:

Hi Eric,

Very nice thread with a kit we rarely see.

I'd like getting one IP but it looks like your PM box is full.

Can you please contact me?

Thanks

I have cleared out some old messages. Should be good to go.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:12 PM, LSP_Matt said:

Awesome mate. You've recreated the shape beautifully. Well done.

I noticed in my walkaround on this that the instrument panel from Moorabin (IIRC) seems just like the PE but the plane from Temora has the panel like you've created.

Different model of planes?

Matty

Hi Matty,

The part that I made is actually a glare shield fitted over the top of the flat instrument panel to cover the 4 globes mounted on the panel that light up the instruments, protecting the pilot from glare from those lights and directing the light upon each instrument. The pictures of aircraft that have the flat panel (as depicted using the photo etch kit panel) don’t have this glare shield fitted.

Hope that clears things up.

Eric.

Some more work. 

The ignition wiring is depicted as a rather frightening photo etch part. I could tell that this was going to be too much work, as well as lacking the 3D look more appropriate to models in this scale. 

IMG_4734-X3.jpg

I cut off the ignition leads and used the photo etch as a template glued to some thick plastic card and shaped.

IMG_4743-X3.jpg

I then drilled some holes and glued in some copper wire

IMG_4745-X3.jpg

Almost completed engine.

IMG_4822-X3.jpg

I have used the excellent RB Productions Sutton harness. A little tricky to assemble but they look really good. I modified the lap belts as they aren't quite as complicated on the real aircraft  as they are meant to be assembled.

IMG_4814-X3.jpg

IMG_4816-X3.jpg

I cut off the kit grip and remade it from some copper wire with very fine copper wire wrapped around it. I also added the two gun buttons.

IMG_4801-X3.jpg

The almost completed cockpit. I added some instrument wiring from copper wire.

IMG_4820-X3.jpg

IMG_4819-X3.jpg