Any 1/32 Me 262 on the horizon?

VintageEagle

The picture above with the real 262 and that of the kit are taken at slightly different angles and giving a different perspective on the nacelles. Ever so slightly but a different look.  Just compare the nose wheel face and you can see the slight variation.   A coned sanding stick with a few good passes can make a lot of difference in a matter of seconds.  

14 hours ago, VintageEagle said:
             ... Tamiya has done a 1/48 scale kit and probably has all the required drawings to create an 1/32 kit.

Tamiya has lottsa 1/48 scale stuff we wish they'd just scale up .

kurejJm.jpg

On 11/15/2018 at 11:58 AM, alaninaustria said:

Revell accidently (?) showed photos of the Me-262 single seat canopy, so going by that we will at some point see a single seater!

Cheers

Alan

Revell won't do that " accidently".

That's to get us all excited again.Maybe late 2019

On 11/15/2018 at 3:08 PM, cbk57 said:

Releasing a constant stream of 1/32 kits is just not the Tamiya way.  They are a big picture toy company really with a heavy emphasis on plastic models.  They seem to pick a few major projects a year spread across several subjects, for example a big RC project or two and one or two big plastic projects.  But one might be a motorcycle and one might be a tank, then a plane or two.  They never do all armor, all cars or all planes.  They spread their work across different facets of modeling.  So no getting 3 1/32 planes a year out of them will not happen.  I hope we get one in the next three years.  

They might choose to do a 1/12 race car before they do another 1/32 plane.  They might do a couple more 1/16 tanks who knows what they are going to do.  There is no shortage of 1/32 planes though coming out so I am not worried.

Yes, the R/C stuff is Priority #1, and by a long way.  Or so it seems. 

Then you have the chemical/supplies end of their business, which also must be huge.  The paints, glues, tools, all that stuff.

They are a very stubborn company doing it "the old way" and I think that's a function of Shunsaku Tamiya's personal approach to doing things.

I keep thinking the day will come when a younger generation takes over and maybe the company will move in a different direction.

They are very stuck in their ways and slow to adapt.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:50 PM, LSP_K2 said:

I tend to think that the Trumpeter 262 kits are just fine as-is, so unless someone gives me a Revell kit (highly doubtful), I'll do just fine without it.

What?  There's an obscure dimensional problem with the Trumpeter kit that I wasn't aware of and didn't notice existed in the first place?

The horror.  The horror.

:lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

12 hours ago, Erwin said:

Revell won't do that " accidently".

That's to get us all excited again.Maybe late 2019

Well, that happened accidently. In 2019 there will be VERY FEW new toolings from Revell -but some very interesting re-labeled kits (1/32nd DML Bf 110), re-releases (1/48 B-1B) and still hidden variants of already released kits. 

On 11/16/2018 at 8:20 PM, Bruce_Crosby said:

Hi Guys,

i had had a long chat with the German guy on the Revell stand at Telford and mentioned the 262 single seater.  Yes it’s coming, but I’m sworn to secrecy on the release date. But don’t spend all the money you’re going to get in your Xmas stocking!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby,

That is indeed exciting news. I somewhat expected that they would bring the A-1a since they already showed the single seater canopy when the B-1a/U1 was released, but you never now. I will certainly buy a couple of them. Thanks for sharing the news.

Edited by VintageEagle

I thought the Trumpeter 262 wing sweep was out by several degrees.

The Revell two seat night-fighter is in the stash. Not sure I'll ever build it, but it's there. Built too many 1/72 ones back in the early 1970s. 

Might get an A-1a when it comes out. More likely to build two, side-by-side.

Tony