Any 1/32 Me 262 on the horizon?

VintageEagle

2 hours ago, Jan_G said:

Darnit Jan!!!    :lol:

That list is going to make me outright BROKE if all the ones I actually want on that list come to fruition............

Extra EA330SC Breitling NEW TOOL 

Extra EA330LX Red Bull Air Race NEW TOOL

Hawker Harrier GR.1 Gift Set - Not sure what "gift set" means, but I hope it means a new tool GR.1!!!

Nieuport XVII Late

Consolidated B-24J Liberator

Cessna O-2A Skymaster U.S. Navy Service

Dassault Mirage 2000C

Hawker Typhoon Mk.I "Car Door"

Westland Whirlwind Mk.I

And lastly the most interesting note on their list:

Douglas TBD-1 'Devastator' (we were first told about this kit on May 10th 2004)  Not sure if its actually been on Hannants future release list, but having no actual release date with it seems like more of a propagation of the myth we will actually ever see one. 

3 minutes ago, ericg said:

Have had the Trumpeter kit in my display cabinet for years and many people have seen it. Not one person has told me that the intakes are wrong.

Jumping at shadows perhaps? 

Eric. 

I've not heard anything about the Trumpy intakes being off either.

Did someone here say they thought they were off?

Indeed, I first thought so by looking at the shape of the Trumpeter intakes. It was then confirmed by measurement. Apparently the sweep back angle of the wings is also different between the two kits. I just compared my two kits and confirm that there is a visible difference (of about 2-3 degrees), but I haven't compared the kit's angles with factory drawings (yet). So, I can't tell which kit is more accurate in this regard. The overall shape of the engine nacelles is also different between the two kits. The leading edge of the jet intake is much sharper on the Revell kit compared to the Trumpeter kit. So there are differences and in my personal opinion the Revell kit is closer to the original aircraft than the Trumpeter in these details. At least for the intake diameter measurements confirmed my impression. 

But I may be overly sensitive to such small differences after I have looked at thousands of photos over the years (the Me 262 being my main interest). Others may not even notice a difference and if, they may not be bothered. One can probably say "accuracy" is in the eye of the beholder. :coolio:

On 11/17/2018 at 7:49 PM, ringleheim said:

Yes, the R/C stuff is Priority #1, and by a long way.  Or so it seems. 

Then you have the chemical/supplies end of their business, which also must be huge.  The paints, glues, tools, all that stuff.

They are a very stubborn company doing it "the old way" and I think that's a function of Shunsaku Tamiya's personal approach to doing things.

I keep thinking the day will come when a younger generation takes over and maybe the company will move in a different direction.

They are very stuck in their ways and slow to adapt.

The Japanese are doing a lot of things “the old way” their shipyards are still building many ships upon drawings of +30y old and the equipment inside did not evolve either but only kept up with legislation. 

That’s a very strange thing for such a technological advanced country. In my eyes. 

It's nice to see Revell do more civil and space in "our" scale.

The Apollo 11 gear is nice (though it could use a Sea King) and the new tool Extra EA-330 is very cool. 

Will likely get a 262 A-1a but interesting to see no later P-51D with the dorsal fin extension - maybe one for 2020 ?

Tony

14 hours ago, Tony T said:

...It's nice to see Revell do more civil and space in "our" scale.

Yep , looking forward to the Special Hobby stuff too.

Car door Typhoon , Whirlwind, Early Mustang/Apache   :clap2:  (likely ex-Hobbycraft)

Wondering if one could splice a D nose on and get a B  ?     :rolleyes::whistle:

2 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Early Mustang/Apache   :clap2:  (likely ex-Hobbycraft)

Wondering if one could splice a D nose on and get a B  ?     :rolleyes::whistle:

There are a lot more differences than just the nose; the whole fuselage of the B is deeper, hence the need for the plywood cockpit floor in the B whereas top of the wing forms the cockpit floor in the Allison Mustangs. The radiator doghouse is completely different and bigger on the B. I have to think it would be easier to backdate a D than convert an Allison Mustang. 

8 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Yep , looking forward to the Special Hobby stuff too.

Early Mustang/Apache   :clap2:  (likely ex-Hobbycraft)

That's been listed longer than Trumpeters Devastator, but then so was the Yak 3, it'll be new tool if and when...