Any 1/32 Me 262 on the horizon?

VintageEagle

Hi everyone,

I have never really been happy with the Trumpeter Me 262 (rivets, intake diameter too small) and have been waiting for a new mould kit for years. I was delighted when Revell released their nightfighter and expected that a fighter version would follow suit. This has not yet happened, but most likely will in either 2019 or 2020.

Is there any rumor of another company working on a Me 262 kit? Tamiya, Zoukei Mura, ...? 

Cheers,

Roger

Most likely as I have seen pictures of sprues that show the single seater canopy when they released the nightfigter. I expected them to release it this year, but it will most likely be released next year or in 2020.

But is there any other rumor? Airfix has measured the airframe for their 1/72 kit. ZM was rumored to do a twin-engined German aircraft soon (besides the Hs 129?) and Tamiya hs not yet released any 1/32 kit for 2019.

Cheers 

Roger

7 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

what is the revell kit like? is it a improvement on the Trumpy?

Slightly more finesse but the two seater Revell did not fit as well as Trumpy.

Your money is not wasted on either hopefully Revell will fix the fit of bulkheads etc with the single seater.

We are not talking big issues with either kit we are well served with 32nd 262’s now.

Can’t see anyone else jumping into the Me262 pool right now with the both the Trumpeter and Revell kits being out, and both being good kits.  Plus, everyone expects Revell to release a single seater soon, and the pricing point of the Revell kit is extremely attractive.  You never know with companies like Tamiya or Z-M though, since they seem to choose subjects based on their own interests more than worrying much about what the competition is doing.  That said, I don’t see either of them working on it.

Hi

Could someone give me the correct Dimensions of the intakes/exhaust of the Me-262 ?

I have the 1/32 Trumpeter kits and never had heard about such innacuracy on these kits .

Thanks 

F16

Edited by F16
Ask

A US post war technical analysis of the Me 262 stated that the “diameter at the intake end is 20 in., the outer skin increasing to 32.5 in., the inner to 21.5.”

If true, the inner intake surface was conical and not cylindrical. The photo appears to confirm this:

https://imgur.com/gallery/JpVUF

Now, we have to compare this with Revell’s and Trumpeter’s kits...

Edited by VintageEagle

49 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

There's a Hasegawa fighter version of it on ebay right now if you're interested (hint, hint, wink, wink). 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232999873812

Tim

Ooo you are mean guy trying to get someone to buy that old thing of a kit.  LOL!

Rick