DeAgostini Millennium Falcon 1/1 scale, updated 11/8

cbk57

10 hours ago, ringleheim said:

Looks great!  I really appreciate the shots on the bench, pulled back a bit, with all those everyday objects all around.

Really conveys a sense of scale and size.  I wish more builders would include photos of this type in their build threads.

That is such a great justification for a messy work space.  That is just my bench.  I don't have space to put this thing in a back drop.  It is three feet across, 4 feet long and weighs about 15 pounds.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Uncarina said:

Not sure if you’ve seen this: https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/bandai-1-72-pg-millennium-falcon-also-the-revell-germany-rebox.262348/page-252

Though it focuses on the Bandai PG Falcon, there’s a lot of reference info imbedded.

Cheers,  Tom

I could not open it, however the Banda kit represents more the 5 foot falcon from a new hope and the DeAgostini kit more represents the ESB model which is about three feet.  However when it comes to accuracy the Bandai kit is much more “accurate” of the two.  However, in my opinion no one would want an “accurate” model of the ESB three foot falcon.  Some of the detailing when you look carefully on the prop is crude, not movie accurate and just not something that in my opinion would make a very nice model to display.  With the original 5 foot model they really went to town on the detail and Bandai really tried to capture that.  I hope Bandai reissues the big Falcon it is get expensive to buy one, always was, but prices seem to be going up.  I built the Bandai kit also and it is in my opinion the better of the two to build as far as exterior goes.  If you want working parts and more interior though you would want the DeAgostini kit.  There is far more room with that kit to super detail the insides if you are into that.

Completely nailed , I love it .:clap2:

Can't ever imagine having the patience to build one myself . Also couldn't stop hearing "wookie" noises whilst reading through the threads , especially after looking at the lounge area. Congratulations on the the build and a plus 1 for recomending Matin Kovac's techniques , old Uncle Night Shift is quite a legend  .

I imagine anything after this will be a peice of cake ! 

11 hours ago, cbk57 said:

I could not open it, however the Banda kit represents more the 5 foot falcon from a new hope and the DeAgostini kit more represents the ESB model which is about three feet.  However when it comes to accuracy the Bandai kit is much more “accurate” of the two.  However, in my opinion no one would want an “accurate” model of the ESB three foot falcon.  Some of the detailing when you look carefully on the prop is crude, not movie accurate and just not something that in my opinion would make a very nice model to display.  With the original 5 foot model they really went to town on the detail and Bandai really tried to capture that.  I hope Bandai reissues the big Falcon it is get expensive to buy one, always was, but prices seem to be going up.  I built the Bandai kit also and it is in my opinion the better of the two to build as far as exterior goes.  If you want working parts and more interior though you would want the DeAgostini kit.  There is far more room with that kit to super detail the insides if you are into that.

I couldn't either earlier today; the site might have been down for maintenance. It's working now. I've read about the differences in versions as well. Some of the photos in the forum show both versions of the Falcon. In any case, I'm really enjoying your build, and it is making me want to bust out and finish my Bandai kit!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

2 hours ago, Uncarina said:

I couldn't either earlier today; the site might have been down for maintenance. It's working now. I've read about the differences in vesions as well. Some of the photos in the forum show both versions of the Falcon. In any case, I'm really enjoying your build, and it is making me want to bust out and finish my Bandai kit!

Cheers, Tom

Don't build it, sell it to me on the cheap.:D

14 hours ago, Uncarina said:

I couldn't either earlier today; the site might have been down for maintenance. It's working now. I've read about the differences in versions as well. Some of the photos in the forum show both versions of the Falcon. In any case, I'm really enjoying your build, and it is making me want to bust out and finish my Bandai kit!

Cheers, Tom

I really don:t think you will regret building it.  It is very Tamiya like the way it goes together.  I used some glue just to reinforce parts but most of it needs none and fits flawlessly.  The only negatives are the raised detail on the back wall of the cockpit as they supply decals and the decals won:t go down well on the raised detail.