Supermarine Attacker 1:32 Available

GrahamF

2 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Or a BPF Firefly

A Firefly would be great now that it is unlikely we will get one from FMP. Vampire/Venom as well should be good sellers. Also the later Spitfires/ Seafires (yes?) . 

Sea Vixen, Buccaneer, TSR 2, all not so much.

It is a hard gig out there so kits that are smaller with multiple users should sell better.

that's great news Graham

i do wish you all the success, and sorry if my post seemed rude

having seen the quality of your Attacker, i would be willing to put down a deposit (I don't know say 25% of final cost) on a future FAA bird if it was a subject that interested me in order to help get the ball rolling etc

i can't speak for everyone, but i think you and your work are sufficiently well-known on here for this not to be too outrageous a suggestion

anyway like I said, I wish you every success

PS would a B-24 D Coastal Command upgrade be up your street? :whistle:

13 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

How well do you think a Vampire/Venom series would sell? As to the Vixen, I think various parts of either the Vampire or Venom could be used in different variants, whereas I think the Vixen is a one shot deal as well as being pretty darn big. 

err, significantly better than the Attacker

Its a shame that the kit wasn't well supported by the modelling community. Certainly the price and quality were excellent. Subject a little esoteric, so maybe that was it. In the two comps that I have entered my kit in, it has taken out first place in its category in both and the feedback that I got was very good for such an obscure aircraft. 

Please keep up the good work releasing kits like this mate, not all of us like to build every Mk. No. of BF 109 or 190 ever made.

Cheers,

Eric.

but on a lighter note, I think I would actually buy one

it looks like a proper jet

the Attacker look too much like that silly Gloster jet prototype thingy (I'm not even going to google its proper name it looks so crap)

so, if you choose a Scimitar, a Sea Venom or a Sea Vixen, put me down for one (happy to put some deposit up front if that is the way things go)

If I was going to do another jet I would choose the Sea Vixen, I was working out the size today it would be about 21" long by about 19" wide that's quite big, also I've seen one close up and inside the cockpits are very busy and I don't think I would miss out the engines, put all that together and its a big lump of resin, even with my traditional thin wall thicknesses, it would be relatively expensive, probably about £200 or so and because of that it's not really practical, even in injection moulding terms it would be a huge gamble and would struggle to make it's tooling costs. 

I reckon it would be another project with a lot of work that would just sell 50. Bear in mind that my process is not dissimilar to making an injection kit, no part is hand produced [ not that I couldn't do that of course it's how I started ] it's all CAD work and hours and hours of CNC machining and lots of separate operations like 3D engraving to get that 'manufactured' look.

Also about half of my sales are thankfully to the US and I doubt many modellers there have even heard of it so that's another negative.

Graham

11 hours ago, ericg said:

Its a shame that the kit wasn't well supported by the modelling community. Certainly the price and quality were excellent. Subject a little esoteric, so maybe that was it. In the two comps that I have entered my kit in, it has taken out first place in its category in both and the feedback that I got was very good for such an obscure aircraft. 

Please keep up the good work releasing kits like this mate, not all of us like to build every Mk. No. of BF 109 or 190 ever made.

Cheers,

Eric.

I agree! I have one and it is beautiful!

7 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I'd buy a 1/32nd Sea Vixen in any medium. I dont think $200 would he unfair for a 32nd Sea Vixen either. I'd be one of the 50 in a heartbeat.

I guess it's all down to opinion, and s model maker cant rely on good intentions and opinions.

I'd buy a Sea Vixen, too, even though I already have the hybrid vac/resin one (Panther Productions?), I know yours would be better. But I still think the smaller Vampire would be great!