TELFORD 2019

Phartycr0c

2 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

it was good to see you Mike.:yahoo:

In case  I forget or get busy...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY  on the 14th November.

:beer:

Good to see you too Maru.  Thanks for the birthday wishes, and hopefully see you at SMW next year - or even at Cosford perhaps?

9 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

... Seriously, though, how on earth does one navigate the entire show and manage to see everything in two days? ..

In my case, one doesn't.  I must have seen less than 50% of the displays, visited nothing like all the traders, and just didn't get upstairs to the competition.  The rest of the time was either manning the LSP stand or my club stand, or simply standing nattering.  Every time I went from A to B, I'd bump into at least one person I know and we'd stop for a chat.  And I wouldn't change any of it, it's what makes SMW so great.

12 hours ago, MikeC said:

In my case, one doesn't.  I must have seen less than 50% of the displays, visited nothing like all the traders, and just didn't get upstairs to the competition.  The rest of the time was either manning the LSP stand or my club stand, or simply standing nattering.  Every time I went from A to B, I'd bump into at least one person I know and we'd stop for a chat.  And I wouldn't change any of it, it's what makes SMW so great.

I have a similar problem at our local event. I try to hit all of the vendors first, then a quick run through of the contest area, but as frequently as not, spend most of the time running my mouth with all of the fellas I really only see once a year.

20 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Jura, thanks for sharing those incredible pictures! Seriously, though, how on earth does one navigate the entire show and manage to see everything in two days? Wow, just WOW! That's freakin' crazy!

Cheers,

Wolf

I'm glad you like the pictures.
For the show, I have made a few rules for myself, based on my previous visits.

1st - Make a plan - what you want to see/visit/buy at home, before the show.
2nd - Make sure the plan travels with you.

3rd- Don't take out the camera on first day!
4th - As you don't really need any new kit to buy, don't go to the Kit Swap area and don't even try to browse through the hoards of kits around!
5th - Try to stick to the plan at least twice a day!

Still, I'm sure I haven't seen everything  that there was to see. 
And I know I haven't captured many things on my camera either.

Maybe next time...

Cheers.

Juraj

11 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

... I have a similar problem at our local event. I try to hit all of the vendors first,

I think that's a common sense plan Kev, my problem is that there are 2 types of 'shoppers',

those travelling clockwise and those travelling counter-clockwise.   :wacko:

Always fun anyway.

44 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

Some great pictures here, including some familiar faces and models!

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/11/tmn-on-tour-scale-modelworldtelford-2019.html#more

Thanks for compliment!
Those are my pictures, posted above. 
I was asked by the "themodellingnews.com" crew to contribute, and I've agreed, without hesitation.
Cheers.

Juraj

42 minutes ago, Trak-Tor said:

Thanks for compliment!
Those are my pictures, posted above. 
I was asked by the "themodellingnews.com" crew to contribute, and I've agreed, without hesitation.
Cheers.

Juraj

Telford+2019+%2528126%2529.jpg

That's me, doing what I do best - sitting down. ;) Fame at last!!!