TELFORD 2019

Phartycr0c

Iain, thanks for showing these pictures, great show, and as my favorite i might select the "weathered" Phantom and that gorgeous looking Skycrane, is that scratchbuilt or IM? Never saw it before IIRC.

cheers,

Jack.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:50 PM, Ali62 said:

Hi guys, I am in hall 3 just opposite Eduard, please pop past and say, as I will be stuck to the stand for almost all of the show

Cheers Ali

Ali of the Aerocraft Models?

I didn't realize you have posted here.

I've been asking you about P-38 undercarriage yesterday.

It was nice to meet you!

Cheers!

Juraj

I went yesterday, had a great day and spent a serious wedge of cash.. All on 1/32 scale stuff though so its all good!

I didn't catch up with anyone, i did see the 32nd sig stand but everyone on it looked in deep conversation so i didn't want to interrupt. Next year i will do better, and hopefully between now and do more modelling and contribute to the forum more. 

It was an excellent day though, and well worth going!

Nick

I had a great time and I went with a fist full of cash and didn’t spend much either. The stuff that did catch my eye was just overpriced, so I chose not to. I dropped by the table to say and spoke with Roy & Dennis(?), sorry I’m terrible with names and my favourite on the table was the A-6. I too have taken loads of photo’s and will post them up later.

Great to be there and meet likeminded people.

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

I've arrived safely back home yesterday. And now I'm at work already...
That was a great Telford weekend, once again.
It was very nice to meet and talk to many of you. There are still many left for next time, I think...

I have a few "mobile" pictures to share now.
And I had my big camera out all Sunday, so I need to sort that as soon as possible...

Some WnW:

49039327217_20fc730a27_b.jpg

49038608628_0794071655_b.jpg

49045377876_5df66e273c_b.jpg

49045592422_a7cbe1e360_b.jpg

Saw some familiar names on those ZM HS129 boxes whilst standing in the queue to pay for my stuff. It was very tempting as the queue was moving a little slow to ask Radu if they had any spare. But steel discipline worked and I stuck to 1/48 stuff only this year (I know, I know, traitor in the ranks). Stopped by the 32nd SIG table a couple of times but it was always busy so didn’t get to say hello, but did get to look at all those stunning builds. Saving for next year begins with next payday!

Good to see everyone again, although I didn't see "everyone", as I know I missed some of you: perhaps next year. 

I know it was cheeky to leave some 1:48 purchases behind the stand, but there was some 1:32 aftermarket in the bag as well, honest!  My bargain of the day was a Dragon F-6D Mustang from the kitswap, and when I opened the box back at the stand, I found two decal sheets and an etched fret from the standard P-51D boxing in addition to the kit decals.  There was also another decal sheet with some SEAC roundels and serial decals for KM545; contrary to what I thought, this was an RAF Mustang.  Was it from another boxing, or what, I wonder?

Even with all those decals, I had to invest in an aftermarket sheet https://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEGORY=3&SUB=4&THISPAGE=1&RADIOSORT=4&PICFILE=453&STKNR=453&STRH=3332&ORDN=2632&RNZ=573827

There was some great modelling on display, not just in the competition, but all around the halls.  Superb show as usual, well done to all the organisers and volunteers.

Edited by MikeC