TELFORD 2019

Phartycr0c

13 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Can some of you UK chaps give me an honest assessment of what the weather is like over there around SMW in November? My wife and I would like to  visit England at some point (not this year), and it would be fun to come see you all at Telford, but if the weather is crap, it will be tough to sell her on that time of year.

Telford has been on my bucket list since I first heard about it after getting back into modeling in 2007 or so. Id be very interested in going to, but like Tim, would probably need at least a year or probably two in advance to save, and or get the PTO to go. I think going to England with the wife would be cool, and since its a whole new country, probably would not have to work to hard to get her to go, even if its cool.

The weather over here is changeable, you can get all four seasons in one day: yesterday was quite nice and sunny - it's supposed to be summer - today it's not stopped raining and a bit cold. You can't predict what it's going to be like. 

55 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Anyone in the Telford area into metal detecting? I'd sure love to do a bit of that if I ever get to come over. Probably not a selling point to my wife, but it would sure motivate me!!

Be a good idea to link up with a local metal detecting group, good time of year to do it, no crops in the way.My son does it, found a Roman gold stater a few years ago but moved house a couple of years ago, put in a safe place, never to be seen again.....

Graham

3 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Can some of you UK chaps give me an honest assessment of what the weather is like over there around SMW in November? My wife and I would like to  visit England at some point (not this year), and it would be fun to come see you all at Telford, but if the weather is crap, it will be tough to sell her on that time of year.

Tim

Hi Tim,

From memory the last few years have been bright but cold.

Temperatures in early November can vary alot but are typically just above 0C, in the 5-10 degree range (40-50f).

It does n't often snow before Christmas but the mornings are often frosty.

HTH.

Cheers.

The show is really good though, if that helps. It would be good to plan to go for both days if you wish to see it all in any detail.

1 minute ago, geedubelyer said:

Temperatures in early November can vary alot but are typically just above 0C, in the 5-10 degree range (40-50f).

Thanks! I always wondered what the weather was like during Telford.  Heck around here in the middle of the US, you'll practically see people in shorts and T-shirts in 50F/10C weather after a  20F/-6C to  -20F/-28C  winter! 

Another accommodation option, if you have transport or can hook up with someone who does, is the university campus.  I stayed last year and it was as good as a typical budget hotel chain; clean, comfortable bed etc..  No bar but I drank at the Holiday Inn bar instead.  Pretty reasonably priced too as I recall, leaving more cash for show swag.

Unfortunately I’ll be away this year or I’d offer to take any LSP bods without wheels between show and campus.

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Telford has been on my bucket list since I first heard about it after getting back into modeling in 2007 or so. Id be very interested in going to, but like Tim, would probably need at least a year or probably two in advance to save, and or get the PTO to go. I think going to England with the wife would be cool, and since its a whole new country, probably would not have to work to hard to get her to go, even if its cool.

Went a couple of years ago, it is quite a show.

There are marked differences in that show and US types approaching that size. 

The weather was a bit chilly, but no big deal.