TELFORD 2019

Phartycr0c

Sorry to be late - Maru is right - IF you can get into the Premier Inn International Centre (NOT the one by the train station) you will see MANY Telford attendees at breakfast.  I heard the Travelodge is, how do I say this, 'less than brilliant' from some folks who stayed there this year.

But book NOW.  I always book for the next year before I leave. :-)

Dave - I MAY see about bringing something over but will reserve judgement for now.  I have the Hasegawa HellCat in my closet.  Now if I can just figure out to transport the beast I might be able to work something out.  Will keep you posted.

Oh, you probably meant ROYAL NAVY, didn't you, mate?  :whistle: :beer4:

7 hours ago, tomprobert said:

I can offer my 1/32nd HP Halifax - it’s in an early Coastal Command scheme if there’s room? She’s in the repair shop now so should be good by this time next year!

Tom

Now that I didnt realise, I thought Id missed the boat seeing the Halifax.... Yes please Tom, 

6 hours ago, mozart said:

I'm going to be making a Fisher Sea Fury within the next few months but can't guarantee being there next year, so could you put me down as a "possible" please Roy? 

Mike, a Sea Fury would be most welcome, 

Chris, No Its not just Royal Navy, Its any naval aircraft of any era. A hellcat would also be a superb addition. 

8 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

It may be a few more years before I can manage to come over. My daughter starts college next fall, and I may have to be in Vegas for work at that time, so 2019 is not happening. Someday.....

Sounds about right for me too......I'd love to go in the next few years if I can manage it. Funding was/is still an issue this and next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Premier Inn seems to be fully booked already.

If I may ask, how well is the public transport (buses etc) working during the weekends? I'm thinking about extending the search parameters to Shrewsbury or Wolverhampton. Wolverhampton has a football team as well, right? That might enable hitting two birds with one stone, first international model show and a premier league match :hmmm::m0152:

Br, Jani

Jani Yes The Mighty Wolves play at the Molineux football ground in Wolverhampton. Shrewsbury and Wolverhampton are connected by the railway line that runs through telford with regular good rail connections. Shrewsbury is a really nice town full of culture and good pubs.

One other consideration is two stations down from Telford in the Wolverhampton direction is Cosford and its free RAF museum a really short walk from the station, and its free!

• 8 months later...

Hi folks,

Looking forward to SMW, and seeing everybody again.  Unfortunately, neither the Swordfish nor the Ship's Camel I promised have even been started yet, and even if I made a start this minute, there is no way I'd finish one.  Sorry.  I have plenty of excuses, such as real life getting in the way, health issues for both MrsC & myself;  builds for magazines; and frankly diverting down "rabbit holes" such as Tamiya's delightful, but alas not 1:32, new Spitfire Mk I.

So I've got no chance of finishing anything new for this year, but I checking my "back catalogue", I can offer an Ar 196A in Romanian markings.  Would that be of interest?

Can some of you UK chaps give me an honest assessment of what the weather is like over there around SMW in November? My wife and I would like to  visit England at some point (not this year), and it would be fun to come see you all at Telford, but if the weather is crap, it will be tough to sell her on that time of year.

Tim