Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Shultz II

Is my memory still working?

I seem to recall at one time there were decals for an F9F Panther (the jet) from the Bridges Of Toko Ri, Brubakers (William Holden) plane.

Were there any other Panther decals made from Hollywood films? I can think of another good one The Men of The Fighting Lady and that one had a recon version PP tail code.

Or am I just wishful thinking??   What about decals for the Blue Tail Fly??

Ron

its possible Paul Fisher made a set, as I believe it was the only 1/32 F9F around. Unfortunately, you may not be able to get news sets anymore. you might want to do a search and see who has built one, and if they have any leftover decals.

My research has come up with a 1/48 Hasegawa F9F with the Blue Tail Fly decals in the kit but I have never seen one.

I can't recall who made, or for that matter, if there was a set for Brubakers plane. Somebody will have to correct me on that.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Shultz II said:

My research has come up with a 1/48 Hasegawa F9F with the Blue Tail Fly decals in the kit but I have never seen one.

I can't recall who made, or for that matter, if there was a set for Brubakers plane. Somebody will have to correct me on that.

Yep, there most certainly were Brubaker decals in 1:48 scale. Microscale made them (as far as I recall) and I used them on my Monogram kit. As to 1:32, I think you might be out of luck there, or need masks made. I think they also did Blue Tail Fly and Vice Vera.

Maketar will custom make masks for you, coincidentally, I had some made for my F9F Cougar, because I didn't like the decals that came with it. I think I paid less than $30 USD for them.

15 hours ago, Sgt Shultz II said:

I realize full well you're wanting 1:32 but the Revell Boxing of the F9F that also contained this book (the primary reason I bought the kit to begin with), also has the Brubaker decals. The book also has the Brubaker Panther illustrated on the cover, but I don't recall if that's his first or second Panther from the movie.

Thanks guys! I can handle 1/48 scale since I can't afford a 1/32 scale Fisher kit. FYI 209 was the last plane he flew and crashed on land where he and the chopper crew were killed (watched it again last night on youtube)..:beer4:

4 minutes ago, Sgt Shultz II said:

Thanks guys! I can handle 1/48 scale since I can't afford a 1/32 scale Fisher kit. FYI 209 was the last plane he flew and crashed on land where he and the chopper crew were killed (watched it again last night on youtube)..:beer4:

209 is what I did, just didn't recall if it was the first or second.