1/32 ZM Kawasaki Ki-45 Kai Tei Toryu

monthebiff

A very enjoyable evening spent last night getting the basic foward fuselage componenets together, I have to say I found the ZM instruction manual a little daunting/ confusing to begin with but afer studying it for a little while it is actually very clear and very simple! Fit of parts is excellent and very happy so far.

20181113-211039.jpg

20181113-211058.jpg

20181113-211205.jpg

I really like what ZM have done with the parts break down making it nice and easy build in to sub assemblies ready for paint. Currently I have three sub assemblies which are floor, wing spar and cockpit floor all clicked together as you can see in the pictures above.

Regards. Andy

I too missed the pre order on this kit and having seen it in the flesh, Im gutted. Ah well maybe next year. 

On a side not, I see that the clear parts are opaque rather than clear. I assume that is to show off the general internal structure rather than ant sort of detail? 

Tis a beautiful looking subject. I will be following this build closely. 

7 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

I too missed the pre order on this kit and having seen it in the flesh, Im gutted. Ah well maybe next year. 

On a side not, I see that the clear parts are opaque rather than clear. I assume that is to show off the general internal structure rather than ant sort of detail? 

Tis a beautiful looking subject. I will be following this build closely. 

Tis indeed a beautiful aircraft and as you say the clear parts are not clear but opaque as opposed to what HK have done with their clear fuselage on the Lanc. Take nothing away from ZM though as it seems to be a very nicely engineered kit. A fair bit of flash/ heavy seams to clean up for a new tool I might add though.

Regards. Andy