1/32 ZM Kawasaki Ki-45 Kai Tei Toryu

monthebiff

Collected my Pre-order from the ZM stand at Telford on Saturday and after having a look through and with my 110 G-4 conversion all but complete I have decided to make an immediate start on this beautiful aircraft. Fist up is the obligitory box top shot.

20181112-120445.jpg

and the large box crammed full of sprue's, a n absolute bargain at £110 GBP!!

20181112-120854.jpg

Two versions can be built from the box so expect maybe a couple more boxings to come to cover the versions they originaly teased us with.

20181112-160111.jpg

20181112-160125.jpg

ZM have supplied all of the external airframe parts in both clear and light grey plastic so basically two outer airframes in one box which I was not expecting as this is my first time building one of the SWS series of kits.

20181112-120925.jpg

20181112-121016.jpg

20181112-121138.jpg

The build basically centres around a massive one piece wing spar with the cockpit interior being built on to this and then everything closing around it

20181112-160013.jpg

from the box art work to explain what I mean

20181112-121514.jpg

Really looking foward to building this stunning airframe and as ever comments/ criticism always welcome.

Regards. Andy

Hi Guys,

First port of call at Telford was Zoukei-Mura’s stand to pick up two pre-ordered Ki-45 kits, one for Iain Oglivie and one for myself.  I’ll see Iain at the Wiltshire Scale Modellers Society on Thursday night and I can’t wait to see his ugly mug when he opens the box.  I’m betting his jaw will drop with a clunk!

The kit is stunningly good. Z-M haven’t missed a trick with the mould technology, it’s all crisp and sharp. The provisional instruction book (in lieu of the proper printed one) isn’t some nasty photocopy, it’s a hi-res colour copy on quality paper and better than most production offering from other companies. 

The Old Man didn’t come this year, unfortunately I had lugged my Scraper tool there to be sharpened but as ever, the Z-M guys had an solution: they’re taking my Scraper all the way home to Japan to sharpen it then they’ll post it back to me FOC.  Now that’s service!  Still, I would like to have seen Mr Shigeta, he’s a great guy.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby