Hasegawa 1/8 Scale Camel

J-Bo

Is there any interest in these models anymore?

I recently grabbed one off Ebay along with a S E 5a.

I only wanted the S E 5a as I already have a Camel, but I bid on another thinking I would not win.

Anywho, I am thinking about starting a Camel and I am looking for any input from people who have attempted this model.

Pictures would be excellent.

• 2 months later...

I've been chipping away at a Hase 1/8th DR1 for over a year.  They do take alot of space. I use a ceiling tile as a work space so I can move it into the store room when I want my work bench.  This also allows you to pin wood wing parts down over the plans (covered in wax paper) to glue things square (R/C plane methods)

32 minutes ago, LSP_Ron said:

I've been chipping away at a Hase 1/8th DR1 for over a year.  They do take alot of space. I use a ceiling tile as a work space so I can move it into the store room when I want my work bench.  This also allows you to pin wood wing parts down over the plans (covered in wax paper) to glue things square (R/C plane methods)

They do take up a lot of bench space in the latter stages.

p1040786.jpg

I just yesterday finished reading the MBIQ build of the DR1. Fantastic. It's kind of a bummer to learn that Hasegawa took some liberties when designing these. The Fokker more than the Camel.

I also recently picked up the Fokker. An early 1984 edition with the wooden prop.

What was nice about the kit was it came with a 1984 Hasegawa catalog and a 1984 edition of the Sharper Image catalog.

Sharper Image offered the Fokker for $299.00 and the Camel for $359.00. Shipping was $9.50.

They also offered a built version of either one at $3500.00 and $55.00 shipping.

I am planning on scanning the Hasegawa catalog and posting it or dropping a link or something.

Let me know if someone needs a copy as I have access to a large format color scanner/plotter/printer/copier in my office. Arch D is the largest width.

Justin