Paul Fisher Fire Relief - GoFundMe

LSP_Kevin

The campaign for Paul has now passed US$28,000! How amazing is that? Donations have really slowed down though, so we may or may not make it to $30k - it would be fantastic if we could, however! Remember, no amount is too small, and it all goes to help Paul and his family during this most difficult time of their lives.

https://www.gofundme.com/paul-fisher-fire-relief

Kev

15 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Almost up to $29'000... be great to reach 30K, all donations count, no matter the amount.

Was just going to put this back up to the top too!   Looks like we are a scant few bucks short of $29,000!!!!         Id love to top this thing off by getting Paul and family a nice round 30,000. As Andy mentioned no amount is too small! 

6 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Paul has nothing to put anywhere.  They put themselves and their two Great Danes in the car and left.  They lost literally everything else they owned.  They're currently staying with their son in Centennial, Colorado, and from what Paul said, it's likely they're going to stay there permanently.  

Yup, the photo shows all there is in "Paradise." Luckily I got to see his shop and setup (WOW) months before when I dropped off two Trumpy N/AW A-10 kits, Verlinden tub, Sierra Hotel engine set, Concord A-10 book, Walkaround, and Jake's first A-10 book for refs and setup to start the A-10 nose correction project...

My other friends that lost everything there have already put in escrow on a nice home in another town. How long will it take to even start rebuild there? Ugh.

Paul, best of luck getting set back up. Yes, I am selfish as a modeler; I would love to see more of your gorgeous work in my greedy hands. But... You and your family (and, your Great Danes) are alright, and that is the most vital, critical thing. I have one of your RF-8A sets . If you would like it to "reverse master" it to get your feet grounded and back in the biz just let me know. It's your's if you want it, gratis. I'm just glad to you, and so many others, somehow survived.

Take care,

Bob

retiretomaui@cox.net (Paul,if you want the RF-8A be sure to put something snazzy in the subject line to I don't delete it accidentally - inundated with SPAM!).

Hi folks, 

Paul here in beautiful but chilly Centennial, Colorado.

I know, I know, I am a weather wuss. I mentioned how cold it was to the dentist i had to see the other day and he just looked at me, giggled and walked out. Yikes!

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you once again for the amazing generosity you've shown us, I wish I could say the same about my insurance company, but sadly they are playing games and throwing up roadblocks so we are very fortunate to have friends and family like you people or we'd be in real trouble now.We're almost a month into this mess and they are still coming up with BS  stuff they need to even start paying us for our living expenses.Nationwide is not on MY side at the moment, or at least is sure feels that way.

As Jennings said above, there is literally nothing left of our home , or the workshop and barn.The metal lathe and mill are still visible, but having been through so hot a fire, and then a week of rain they will not be salvageable.The master patterns, tooling and molds are all gone too so whatever we do, it is going to be a long journey back to actually making stuff.

Here's an aerial view of the property, taken with a drone. Pretty much sums things up! Left to right: House, workshop and then barn.

More news as soon as I have any, 

Paul

uLxqQt5.jpg

Thanks for the update Paul . So glad everyone got out alive. Hopefully the insurance company will come to their senses. Similar experiences here in Aus with the variety of similar situations we've experienced in my own state.

I caught up with my mum yesterday as I was test fitting a gate I've made for her. She's been enjoying a James Michener book on Centential Colorado. Wow eh!

Cheers Matty

4 minutes ago, LSP_Matt said:

Thanks for the update Paul . So glad everyone got out alive. Hopefully the insurance company will come to their senses. Similar experiences here in Aus with the variety of similar situations we've experienced in my own state.

I caught up with my mum yesterday as I was test fitting a gate I've made for her. She's been enjoying a James Michener book on Centential Colorado. Wow eh!

Cheers Matty

I watch Centennial at least once a year, Lonesome Dove too.

Just thinking out loud here, but is it possible for those of us that have Fisher products to get one of each to Paul so he could more easily reproduce his molds and thus quickly get back to selling product? Sadly I don't own any unbuilt Fisher products but I'd happily loan it back to be copied if I did, if it made things easier.