Paul Fisher Fire Relief - GoFundMe

LSP_Kevin

12 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

So sad, Paul, and now the insurance company is not cooperating? They are trying that whole act of God thing, are they? Because it wasn't. Also, can you file against PG&E?  

There actually already is a class action suit against PG&E started for the Camp fire.  I am not sure which attorney group is doing it though.  The problem is that PG&E already is in the middle of another lawsuit from another fire which hasn't been settled yet.  Also, PG&E is also threatening to file bankruptcy which means even if anyone wins a suit no one will get paid.  To make it even worse, last year California passed legislation that allows any utility to pass on any debt to their customers in forms of fees or increased rates which in turn means if you sue the company you are essentially putting money from one of your pockets into another and grabbing a few bucks from your neighbor, too.  It isn't looking too good going down that route.

I have heard a few stories about Nationwide from people who were hit by the hurricane in Florida a couple of months back.  It took some threatening and heated phone calls, but they eventually got what they needed.  I hope Paul doesn't have to go to that extreme though.  I have also heard talks that legislation is being introduced for the state to buy the lands/area and convert it into a buffer zone.  Either way, it will be a long recovery for everyone.

Maybe if those effected started posting their insurance companies responses on social media, they might be influenced into making things right.  Someone should let that retired quaterback and country singer know what kind of scam they are promoting. 

We're inching closer to the amazing figure of US$30,000! Given Paul's (not unexpected) difficulties with his insurance company, it looks like he and his family will be leaning on this money for some time yet, and may need our continued support for as long as we can sustain it. If you haven't donated yet, please consider doing so - no amount is too small!

https://www.gofundme.com/paul-fisher-fire-relief

Kev

You guys have been amazing!

Susy and I cannot begin to adequately express our thanks to all of you for your help in this topsy turvy world we now live in. Our insurance company has finally begun to respond to the situation so by mid week we should be OK and can get some idea of how all this will work out.I will keep you posted!

Paul

2 hours ago, paul fisher said:

You guys have been amazing!

Susy and I cannot begin to adequately express our thanks to all of you for your help in this topsy turvy world we now live in. Our insurance company has finally begun to respond to the situation so by mid week we should be OK and can get some idea of how all this will work out.I will keep you posted!

Paul

Great news, Paul!

Kev

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Now just $130 short of $30'000, amazing.

And thanks to PhilB, that gap has been bridged, and we're now sitting at exactly US$30,000! Incredible stuff, and even though the donations have slowed to about a weekly drip, it all helps.

Kev

• 2 months later...

Having reached an amazing US$30k in donations, and with Paul's insurance company now starting to pay out, we have decided that the GoFundMe campaign has run its course, and will be deactivated soon. I've disabled donations in the interim, and would like to thank each and every one of you who so generously supported Paul and his family during this difficult time. It's made a world of difference! Hopefully we'll see Paul back to churning out modelling goodies sooner rather than later!

Kev