First tank in 25 years...

BiggTim

I used to build a lot of armor, but gave it up years ago. Always loved early Shermans, so decided to take a break from airplanes for a bit and build what is arguably the best and last evolution of the cast hull M4, the Israeli M51, circa 1967. Kit is Tamiya, 1/35, totally OOB. Paint is Model Master with some washes and lot of chalk dry brushing. Cell phone pics, nothing special.

20181110-102656.jpg

20181110-102715.jpg

20181110-102728.jpg

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Love it roomy!  Was that the same kit you picked up in Phoenix? 

Sort of. The one I grabbed in PHX turned out to be the wrong version, so I sold it and grabbed this one. 

I'm especially happy with how the rubber tracks came out. Usually those things suck, but I painted them and then dry brushed them and they look pretty decent.

Carl, I highly recommend it. Typical Tamiya quality. Would probably really come of well with some Fruil metal tracks and some nice PE, but I didn't want to get that far into it.

Good to hear Tim. I haven't decided on what AM if any I'll throw at it.

Ron, I've been mixing it up with a number of armour kits lately. Currently, I've got a Firefly Vc on the bench at the moment with Fruil tracks on it along with a Leopard C2.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

54 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Good to hear Tim. I haven't decided on what AM if any I'll throw at it.

Ron, I've been mixing it up with a number of armour kits lately. Currently, I've got a Firefly Vc on the bench at the moment with Fruil tracks on it along with a Leopard C2.

Carl

There's a boxing of the kit that comes packaged with a bunch of Aber PE and maybe some AM tracks. You can buy the same Aber AM separately, but the boxed set is a pretty spanking deal.

13 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Nice!  Those Ishermans always look badass to me.  

We had a member of the glider club I belonged to in Virginia who had won the Israeli equivalent of the MoH commanding a platoon of Shermans in the 6-Day War.  Sadly, he was killed in a glider accident in 2010.

Can you imagine if the early Shermans had that French 105 mm Modèle F1 gun in North Africa, or even D-Day? Holy crap, they would have made hamburger out of the German tanks.