LSP_Kevin

Airfix News Just in from Telford: 1/24 Hellcat!

1 hour ago, coogrfan said:

...or maybe he followed the instructions?

It has nothing to do with following the instructions. Its the fit of the parts, they are just to tight! I'm not the only one saying this. As I said Nigel on YouTube had to use a lathe to turn down the crankcase parts J3 &J4 by a least a 1/2 of a mm without a lathe it's sand...sand...sand.

Ron G 

2 hours ago, GMK said:

Just need to track down some pics of rockets being fitted. 

I'm not sure you could get inside there to fit the rockets with the wings folded.  Certainly they did that on the Corsair, but the rocket stubs are on the outside on the Corsair.  The Hellcat wings fold up pretty close to the fuselage.

Yeah McCambell said he was trying to get inthe cockpit one time and the wing unlocked and moved pinching him against the fuselage. He said it bugged him for about a week.

Ron G 

Great find!  Take a look at that glossy fuselage and note that you see virtually no "distress" in the skin.  You can see a *tiny* bit on the wing, but nothing like what Airfix portrays.

Any word on aftermarket for the kit, apart from the Airscale update & the Fundecals decals/masks? Thinking the usual suspects:

- .50 cal barrels & blast tubes (Master?)

- wheels (Barracuda or Ultracast?)

- belts (HGW? etc.)

Cheers. 

10 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

There is already another range of masks available - TopNotch

FAA mainly

Thanks. Looking for US, thought the FAA ones by TopNotch look well done. 

13 hours ago, GMK said:

Any word on aftermarket for the kit, apart from the Airscale update & the Fundecals decals/masks? Thinking the usual suspects:

- .50 cal barrels & blast tubes (Master?)

- wheels (Barracuda or Ultracast?)

- belts (HGW? etc.)

Cheers. 

Eduard has instrument panel & interior, engine Flaps, a seat, seatbelts and inner and outer canopy masks. HGW has seatbelts and you can use Masters P-47 brass barrels (with some mods) also Gaspatch makes some really nice 50 cal. machine gun bodies. Maketar has insignia masks for all the different ones used on the Hellcats. Thats as much as I know of.

Ron G 

4 hours ago, RonGUSA said:

Eduard has instrument panel & interior, engine Flaps, a seat, seatbelts and inner and outer canopy masks. HGW has seatbelts and you can use Masters P-47 brass barrels (with some mods) also Gaspatch makes some really nice 50 cal. machine gun bodies. Maketar has insignia masks for all the different ones used on the Hellcats. Thats as much as I know of.

Ron G 

Couldn’t find the guns for the P-47 in 1/24 from Master, sadly. Thanks though!