Airfix News Just in from Telford: 1/24 Hellcat!

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, GMK said:

That’s looking really nice. Segue into broader Hellcat questions - can the aircraft fold a single wing? And can the guns be serviced/loaded with the wings folded? Thanks. 

Yes the wings fold manually so one can be folded and one straight but it would have to be locked to stay extended. See below at about the 1:47 min mark

Dear Airfix.

Instead of re-popping the "car door" Tiffie with decals for something about as obscure as the winner in a most obscure contest, could you please put the Bubble Top Tiffie back on the shelves as I want one and it's as rare as rocking horse poop and I don't do Evilbay.

Tanks, (Not the 1/35 variety either)

Phil

:)

11 hours ago, PhilB said:

Dear Airfix.

Instead of re-popping the "car door" Tiffie with decals for something about as obscure as the winner in a most obscure contest, could you please put the Bubble Top Tiffie back on the shelves as I want one and it's as rare as rocking horse poop and I don't do Evilbay.

Tanks, (Not the 1/35 variety either)

Phil

:)

Have they become rare now? Seems like yesterday stores were selling them for less than half of the RRP... 

18 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

A captured Typhoon is not on my "to do" list, that's for sure.

Besides RAF(British,Canadian and New Zealand) markings,their were no other users for the Typhoon than the German captured one.

I would do this with the old 32 nd Revell kit.

Edited by Erwin

7 hours ago, Erwin said:

Besides RAF(British,Canadian and New Zealand) markings,their were no other users for the Typhoon than the German captured one.

RAF and the German captured one is about it AFAIK especially for the car door. The Typhoon was quickly SOC once the war had ended.  

The Hellcat Schemes look good.. Nothing too adventurous the USS Randolph scheme looks good..

45947458314_1fe72a8b47.jpg

• 1 month later...

There is a lot of talks about Airfix should only do British subjects. Like what? All American aircraft are British subject anyways they used them all and we used all of your stuff. We even went as far as integrated pilots in each airforce.  We were so close in destroying the Axist there was no difference between each other. B 17 flock coming back from bombing Germany would be rescued by Spitfires every day was there a difference? How many British men called for an air strike and it was USN Hellcats that came? How many Americans called for airstrikes in France and Spitfires and Typhoons came or worse the Mosquito? You forget the Hellcat was an Allied aircraft that fought for all of us. The only thing different about a Hellcat then other Allied aircraft it was the big killer the Ace maker. When you look at it compared to the others the thing we all think is how that fat girl is the number one killer. Bloody Hell can the pregnant girl get off the ground? The Hellcat is a British subject if you think of it right the baby is yours.

Edited by kilichpaul@gmail.com
Cleaner words

On 1/9/2019 at 9:38 PM, GMK said:

I’ve become a bit more interested in this one. When is it due out?

well Airfix are sending me kit parts on Monday to size a new cockpit set for, and I just sent a bunch of 1/24 stuff to their reviewers as no decals are in the test shots they are starting so I would say a month to six weeks..

9 hours ago, airscale said:

well Airfix are sending me kit parts on Monday to size a new cockpit set for, and I just sent a bunch of 1/24 stuff to their reviewers as no decals are in the test shots they are starting so I would say a month to six weeks..

Exciting stuff - I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I like how Airfix are collaborating with the aftermarket, too.