Airfix News Just in from Telford: 1/24 Hellcat!

LSP_Kevin

Hi everyone, long time lurker who finds the builds in this forum very inspiring (if not a little intimidating!), have finally decided to get my finger out and get involved. This announcement leaves me a little dissapointed tbh, I will certainly get one as I do like the hellcat, but if the agenda was "let's do an American plane this time", I can think of others that would be far more appealing :

thunderbolt, lightning, dauntless, devastator, kittyhawk, sabre , phantom et all.

I wonder what made Airfix think this particular kit would sell as well as say a Thunderbolt for example?

Cheers,

Chris

OMG !!   Never saw that one comming. 

I might be wrong in mentioning.But I sure hope the parts are strong enough to support a folded wing. Wait and see.

It would be nice to build this with one wing straight and one folded.

I won't rush to buy one.I shall wait to see some progress reports.It's not that it will be out of production in 2020.

Edited by Erwin

Wow, yes, that's an interesting choice, important aircraft for sure but not one I thought they would do. I can see many will be thrilled, but it's not for me...even in Fleet Air Arm colours. But I hope it's bought in huge numbers so they can keep doing 1/24 scale kits.

It's weird, I feel like I do when my lottery ticket doesn't win...  And no, it's not because it wasn't flown by Polish pilots that I'm disappointed. ;)

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

Not tempted at all simply because I will buy one after all the hoopla subsides.  I'm already thinking of backdating it to a dash 3 with tri color paint. Think of all the possibilities.  Don't like the sharks teeth though.  This guy has been on my 1/24th wish list for a long, long time.  Thanks Airfix.  From the looks of it, it will be up to the same standards as the Typhoon.  Not to worry Airfix, these are going to fly off the selves I'm sure.  I'm hoping a Corsair will follow.  But who knows.  Those Airfix guys are so tight lipped.  Like the Typhoon, this was indeed a pleasant surprise.  Hoping for another pleasant surprise later on.