phasephantomphixer

ALERT! Anyone heard from or about Paul Fisher?

Just had an email from Paul.  He's taking his mom (who has severe dementia) and they're heading to Denver to stay with one of their kids.  He said they're pretty sure the house and everything else is gone.

Please spare a thought for the hundreds of thousands of folks who are out of a place to live, some of them permanently, and for the tens of thousands of firefighters and other first responders doing their best to put these awful fires out.  

Edited by LSP_Ray
Removed Politics.

Glad to hear that Paul and his family are safe! I cringe to think of all of his molds and research that may have been lost, but I'am keeping my fingers crossed that they may have survived!

I was stationed in California (Cambria AFS and March AFB) and fires were a thing to always worry about. More so when we were stationed at March AFB with the Santa Anna winds. Those wind blown fires are devastating, acres of scrub brush goes up in moments!

:(

Dan 

He might need the loan of his products to make new moulds so he can get back on his feet.

Seen footage on the news, looks like hell on earth, heartbreaking to think folk have lost all their possessions, and dreadful at least nine people have lost their lives in horrific circumstances. RIP.

7 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Paul said to tell everyone that he'll have some refunds to issue once the dust settles.  I told him not to worry too much about that for the moment!

I just hope that he can continue to run his business. But I worry that this spells the end for Fisher Model & Pattern. I guess we won't know for a little while, and Paul will rightly have higher priority concerns in the short term. Whatever happens, I'm certainly glad he and his family are safe.

Kev

37 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I just hope that he can continue to run his business. But I worry that this spells the end for Fisher Model & Pattern. I guess we won't know for a little while, and Paul will rightly have higher priority concerns in the short term. Whatever happens, I'm certainly glad he and his family are safe.

Kev

Amen to that Kev. Somewhat ironic and poignant that today I bought a kit that I've longed for for years, a Fisher Sea Fury. 

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

He said he's going to apply for his Social Security as a start.  Paul has been angling for a way to get out of California for as long as I've known him (>20 years), but his business and his mother have kept him there.  His mom is with them on the way to Denver, and the rest of it is academic at this point.  I suspect once all the dust has settled he'll be back in business, albeit with a completely fresh start, so it'll take him some time.

Meantime, we all need to support whatever he ends up doing.  I know what it's like to lose everything, although not in the horrific way Paul has.

Good to hear he connected with his Mom, and they have a place to go.  Between hurricane Florence leveling a town to fires wiping out entire communities, it’s been a rough year.  

I’ve said this before, but yet didn’t take my own advise.  Especially with the cottage industry in our hobby, don’t hesitate buying something you’ve been eyeing.  One never can predict what tomorrow will bring.  

Quite a few things Paul has on his website I was wanting to order, but never did.  

I am glad to say I picked up his Panther kit off the forum earlier this week. 

Building my Guppy soon! 

Edited by ScottsGT

13 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Paul said to tell everyone that he'll have some refunds to issue once the dust settles.  I told him not to worry too much about that for the moment!

I would sincerely hope those that would be "due" a refund would flat out refuse it. While I can only speak for myself and don't have an outstanding order, there is no way in hell I would take, or want my money back.

My heart goes out to all those affected!