phasephantomphixer

ALERT! Anyone heard from or about Paul Fisher?

8 hours ago, Tnarg said:

I talked to Paul on email and he is OK. Not sure of his home. Lots of people are in a bad hurt up there and will need a lot of help to recover past this mess.

It has been over a year since our fire and people are finally starting to rebuild. It takes much longer than you think it might to get back to "normal", if that ever happens.

Back up your family photos someplace where they stay safe. That's what most of our friends who lost homes miss most.

Tnarg

Yeah, we were down there a few months ago, The town looks odd, only sparse rebuilding going on. A lot of the lots are becoming overrun with weeds..My father-in-laws 7 acres and his former home were wiped out. (He sold 4 years ago) It just sold for 700K, land only.

Glad to hear the family and pets got out. That's what's most important.

Paradise, CA, is gone. The city is 95% destroyed, and the smoke has pretty much blanketed NorCal.  These fires are terrible, but property and possessions can be replaced.  People and pets can't.

Matt 

holy cow, can't even begin to imagine what this will be in reality, i never heard about a whole town being wiped out by fire, at least the fisher family got out safe....

Just had an email from Paul.  He and Suzy and the dogs are safe with friends.  They have no idea if their house is still there or not, but from what they're hearing, it doesn't sound promising.  Paul thanks everyone for the concern, and he said he'll post something when he knows something.

4 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Glad to hear the family and pets got out. That's what's most important.

Paradise, CA, is gone. The city is 95% destroyed, and the smoke has pretty much blanketed NorCal.  These fires are terrible, but property and possessions can be replaced.  People and pets can't.

Matt 

I of course agree with last part of this common statement, that lives are safe. The first part I really think doesn't cover it here though. As mentioned in post, both people I know are affected by this created most of their possessions themselves. My friend is an artist, in fact met him because he was my Art instructor when I was in College there. His home had many Pencil Portraits, paintings, sculptures, even ancient books he restored as a book binder -irreplaceable.

Paul, same thing. His work crafted from scratch. A lifetimes worth of perfection. Just don't know the extent of damage to their homes yet, but I am ill just thinking of any of this...

1 hour ago, phasephantomphixer said:

I of course agree with last part of this common statement, that lives are safe. The first part I really think doesn't cover it here though. As mentioned in post, both people I know are affected by this created most of their possessions themselves. My friend is an artist, in fact met him because he was my Art instructor when I was in College there. His home had many Pencil Portraits, paintings, sculptures, even ancient books he restored as a book binder -irreplaceable.

Paul, same thing. His work crafted from scratch. A lifetimes worth of perfection. Just don't know the extent of damage to their homes yet, but I am ill just thinking of any of this...

I agree. I can't even begin to think of what would be irreplaceable in my house if it went up in flames. Insurance wouldn't begin to cover everything, no matter how much money they paid out. I only hope Paul gets lucky. For instance: how would insurance cover his work on the Firefly master? Keeping my fingers crossed...

A friend of mine lost his house two weeks ago. Lost everything and yes they had insurance.

Regardless, I started them a GoFundMe page, within a week it was over 10K. It is still growing but it has tapered off.

Insurance can take up to six months to put money in their hands.

Glad to hear Paul made it out with his family and pets. The same was true for my friend.

EDIT:  Paul already got the info!

8 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just had an email from Paul.  He and Suzy and the dogs are safe with friends.  They have no idea if their house is still there or not, but from what they're hearing, it doesn't sound promising.  Paul thanks everyone for the concern, and he said he'll post something when he knows something.

Just spotted this on Twitter. If anybody here ( @Jennings Heilig )  has the ability to contact Paul, please let him know about this.

https://twitter.com/KittyfromVA/status/1061127865415163904

Helen_Fisher_zpsveceeps5.jpg

In case the pic doesn't show:

MissKitty2 @KittyfromVA

"At the church of nararene in Oroville. She is all alone with her dog. She has a bed and will be here for the entire night."

"Helen Fisher is needing help locate her son Paul Fisher to inform him that she is at the Oro Naz. She does not have a phone, Please share!"

Edited by Zactoman

Wow, talk about social media helping out here.  This is great.  I know Paul is really busy right now and probably not checking in here. But I’m committing myself out to a very big order to help out when time comes. 

Paul's mother has severe dementia.  He's been in constant touch with her since they evacuated.  

Paul just posted on Facebook that they're safe and fine.  He said their kids are more freaked out right now than he and Suzy are.  Still no word on their house, but given the news about Paradise, it would be a miracle if it has survived.  Paul has been wanting to get out of California for a long time, so maybe this will be his chance.

About all I can say is Prayers for all those affected by this tragedy.  From what I am reading that

it is quite a large number of persons and families.  Horrific. !!!

God be with them all....

Jerry