Finished... 1/32 Hasegawa Focke Wulf Fw-190A-9

Tolga ULGUR

Hello all

This is a great subject and on my planning list for the future as well. Tolga, I see you have posted the Eduard painting guide from their A9 kit...and having also seen Jerry Crandell here in this thread I hope I found the right place for my question. Eduard has you painting the front half of the lower wing in RLM81 which creates a sharp contrast to the natural metal of the rest of the wing. Now...in Jerry's book on the late -D models, I unfortuantely only have part 2 so far, all of those patch work wings are represented with the front part is RLM75 even when the upper camo is 81/82... I now wonder where the RLM81 for the underside comes from? Are there pictures or documents that confirm this pattern? I am painting up a 1/48 Tamiya A8 right now that will (hopefully) become yellow 8 from JG301 of which we have a wonderful color photograh and some blurry b/w ones...not enough for a full analysis but enough to start and bring in some artistic inspiration.

cheers

Uwe

PS: I am from Munich and work in an office at "Willy Brandt Platz" which is on the northern part of the former Riem Airport. When I go there I alsways have to think about my most loved "Doras" who might have stood exactly where I walk and work! ;-)

14 hours ago, anj4de said:

Hello all

This is a great subject and on my planning list for the future as well. Tolga, I see you have posted the Eduard painting guide from their A9 kit...and having also seen Jerry Crandell here in this thread I hope I found the right place for my question. Eduard has you painting the front half of the lower wing in RLM81 which creates a sharp contrast to the natural metal of the rest of the wing. Now...in Jerry's book on the late -D models, I unfortuantely only have part 2 so far, all of those patch work wings are represented with the front part is RLM75 even when the upper camo is 81/82... I now wonder where the RLM81 for the underside comes from? Are there pictures or documents that confirm this pattern? I am painting up a 1/48 Tamiya A8 right now that will (hopefully) become yellow 8 from JG301 of which we have a wonderful color photograh and some blurry b/w ones...not enough for a full analysis but enough to start and bring in some artistic inspiration.

cheers

Uwe

PS: I am from Munich and work in an office at "Willy Brandt Platz" which is on the northern part of the former Riem Airport. When I go there I alsways have to think about my most loved "Doras" who might have stood exactly where I walk and work! ;-)

Hi Uwe

Yes I have used Eduard s painting guide.

Eduard refers RLM 81 for the Yellow 8 too on the same kit.. I am not sure this color is really correct or not.( Btw this area represented RLM 75 in Eagle Cal's Dora decals set)

On the other hand I read the reviews of Eduard A9 kit and by now I haven t found any criticism about its painting guide. So I accepted Eduard painting guide and painted it.

• 2 weeks later...