The Next Airfix 1/24 Kit Will Be...

Uncarina

1/24 not my interest, in spite of me buying the Typhoon, nor are Spitfires even though I just bought the new Airfix Mk 22/24, BTW it looks like a fantastic kit. BUT, if they did a 1/24 Mk 22/24, that would be an immediate buy!! Griffon power with the big tail and 5 blade prop, don't get much better!!

Don

Personally i'd love a new Hurricane Mk.I, Beaufighter or a Spitfire Mk.IX (the best looking one imho).

I sincerely hope (and this is no disrespect to our American buddies) it's nothing yank. Not even a P51 used by the British. I want a totally British designed and built aircraft given the 100th anniversary of the mighty Royal Air Force.

At a push though i'd plumb for it if they decided to release a Bf110 G4 kit in 1/24 lol

Edited by flounder_al

I realize full well that the last few releases in 1:24 have been British, so assuming that trend continues, there's really nothing else I want all that much from that era, with one exception. Hurricane? Trumpeter kits are just fine. Lysander? Fugly. Beaufighter? Double fugly. Whirlwind? Now we're talking!

I've built most of the Airfix 1/24 from my younger days, built the Harrier when it was released in 74 or 75 and would have been 14 or 15 back then, we were living in Germany with Dad serving at RAF Wildenrath where they flew the GR1 Harriers at that time, had built all the releases before that too inc the Spitfire when it was first released, so must have been 12 or so for that kit ... damn I feel old now, never built the Mosquito or Typhoon though, just not my scale.

I wish I could be so prolific building kits now as when I was a kid, they were no sooner bought with my pocket money and then rushed home for an immediate start and I never stalled on a build back then either, stashes were unheard of :)

Out of all the realistic suggestions I've seen in this thread, probably the Gladiator seems best and would be severely tempted to break my no 1/24 rule for that, would love them to do a 1/24 Buccaneer or GR-4 Tornado or even Jaguar but thats not gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, Southern Bandit said:

Out of all the realistic suggestions I've seen in this thread, probably the Gladiator seems best and would be severely tempted to break my no 1/24 rule for that, would love them to do a 1/24 Buccaneer or GR-4 Tornado or even Jaguar but thats not gonna happen.

Ooooo a Tonka please!!!! Worked on the GR1 and GR4 with 14 and 15 Sqns (Bruggen and Lossie respectively). Happy days