Another WNW kit in development for 2019 (not a Lanc.!?)

Pup7309

On 11/27/2018 at 11:12 AM, ringleheim said:

It wouldn't take much research for CSM to figure out what frustrated WNW customers want.

If CSM provide that subject matter in WNW-caliber kits, they'll have big time sales successes on their hands.

Fokker Dr.I should be first, followed by SPADs as you mention.

Wouldn't be a bad idea for them to offer auxiliary decal sheets as well as there are a million interesting DR I schemes out there.

Pheon is releasing a whole bunch of Dr1 decals. As far as the “million interesting Dr.1 schemes out there”, Fokker only built 320.

Edited by Fred Jack

I have both large books, “The Belgium Air Service of World War l” and “French Aircraft of the First World War” and realize that of the hundreds of French types including fighters, there existed eleven different types of 1/32nd models that include one two seater, the Salmson, two SPAD fighters of which one is discontinued, and the rest Nieuport fighters. This is very disappointing to me, especially when all anyone seems to want are Fokker Dr.1s.

Edited by Fred Jack

On 11/29/2018 at 2:56 AM, scvrobeson said:

Especially the decals, which have a tendency to explode as soon as they hit water.  Would like to see a direct replacement for the kit decals, since no one seems to do the all-black Dr.1

Matt 

Montex released at least two sets of other groups of schemes but you only have the large markings. And there were not a lot of alternate decal schemes: one Pheon and two old Cutting edge sets (as far as I know).

On 11/12/2018 at 4:01 PM, Fred Jack said:

Actually, there are three non German and British planes produced by WnWs, the American built DH.9a ‘Ninak’, and a French Samson 2-A2 and an American Samson 2-A2, although also French built, is released as a separate kit.

The U.S. flew French types which means we get a double boxing.  The same will apply for a Breguet 14 if they make it. It may be we get a Belgium/ Italian boxing. CSM or another manu will hopefully fill the gap if not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Yes, why not...

Couldn’t you just build that from various materials.  A dam is a pretty simple structure to model.  A good foam cutter and a bunch of model railroad type foam and you could make a cross section of a dam pretty easily.