Another WNW kit in development for 2019 (not a Lanc.!?)

Pup7309

What surprises me is that WNW broke their concentraton on WW1 era aicraft and issued a War 2 heavy bomber kit (the Lancaster).

It is a necessary choice for them, however. After all, if everyone associated with that company is part of the UK and the Commonweallth Countries, and no one else (with a few exceptions) is interested in seeing to  their needs then WNW must ride to the rescue. 

After all, to the Brits the Lancaster is the iconic War 2 bomber, just lke the B-24 and the B-17 are Americas'  War 2 heavy bombers.

:punk:

14 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

WNW also has some nice photos now of finished Halberstadts:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3195&cat=5

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3189&cat=5

They look great. Their lozenge decals seem to look better, more Aviattic?

The "early" model is really eye catching and offers a lot of color.

The lozenge decals look entirely revised compared to the older ones.  A lot of folks have commented on this.  I think they look like a big improvement but would like to see them in person.

Sounds like the Halberstadts will be shipping in about a month, can't wait.

I also can't wait to see what is released this weekend.

Pretty cool to unveil the kit on the 100th anniversary of the end of the Great War.  You would think the timing of that warrants a significant release and not just the next random kit.

We'll find out soon!

On 11/6/2018 at 3:06 AM, ssculptor said:

What surprises me is that WNW broke their concentraton on WW1 era aicraft and issued a War 2 heavy bomber kit (the Lancaster).

It is a necessary choice for them, however. After all, if everyone associated with that company is part of the UK and the Commonweallth Countries, and no one else (with a few exceptions) is interested in seeing to  their needs then WNW must ride to the rescue. 

After all, to the Brits the Lancaster is the iconic War 2 bomber, just lke the B-24 and the B-17 are Americas'  War 2 heavy bombers.

:punk:

So was the Halifax Bomber, I consider like the B-24 being less popular than the B-17 by modlers but the Halifax was better looking than the Lanc. The real workhorse of Britain, although American made, was the Lockheed Hudson.

Edited by Fred Jack