Imperial Tie Fighters - Dual Build - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

4 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Goofball! I know why you're broke..... :)

Nice TIEs BTW, very cool!!

lol - I know I know...... I had $3000 set aside from a sale of a pop up camper I had for an offload trailer so I took $340 out of that. I've not found a trailer for anywhere NEAR that price yet, and  will be awhile before I can even drive the Jeep anyway

On 11/9/2018 at 11:02 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I saw that!  Super cool as they have a Han Stormtrooper too IIRC.     I really love those figures, and the new General Grievous figure is at the top of my figgie want list! 

I have The General in my stash, and several Bandai figures I already built. I am feeling lately like putting a few together.

2 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

I have The General in my stash, and several Bandai figures I already built. I am feeling lately like putting a few together.

If they go together like my Clone Trooper did, they will be noting but a joy to put together!  I found these kits to be nearly perfect MoJo builders; not something you do every day, gets you away from the normal aircxraft, and the fit of the Bandai kits is on part or better than WnW or Tamiya and they make for a SUPER enjoyable build

On 11/24/2018 at 8:14 PM, BloorwestSiR said:

Very nice finish there Brian. I'll be looking forward to when you start the Falcon. 

If you do end up getting the Han and Luke Stormtrooper figures, you'll notice that Bandai made their inner frames different sizes since Luke is a little short for a Stormtrooper.

Carl

ab8c229496701a3c93896c03d0a251dc00d0428b

• 4 months later...
On 11/19/2018 at 7:59 AM, Out2gtcha said:

After the glass parts were applied, there was really not much left to do but attach the solar panel sections, and then put them on their bases.

As to the bases.....................this was/is really the only complaint so far I have had with any of the new gen Bandai kits; in this case I broke both mounts that attach the Tie Fighters to the top of the base arm. This area is extremely weak, if the wrong pressure is put on it I found, it will break with ease, and in my case, let one of the Tie Fighters tumble to the ground, fortunately with ZERO adverse effects.

I ended up having to permanently glue the top of the base section to the base arm. After that things were all wrapped up with these two Ties:

20181118_205945-XL.jpg

20181118_205955-XL.jpg

20181118_210059-XL.jpg

20181118_210106-XL.jpg

20181118_210106-XL.jpg

20181118_210119-XL.jpg

20181118_210135-XL.jpg

20181118_210324-XL.jpg

20181118_210335-XL.jpg

20181118_210251-XL.jpg

Thanks to one and all for the positive comments and encouragement along the way.    If you like Star Wars at ALL, do yourself a favor and get some of these Bandai kits!  They will make you wonder why our aircraft manufacturers cant get get fit this good. 

All in all (realizing they are much smaller though)  I've now reached my output of completed models PLUS another 1/3rd from ALL of last year in just under 3 months. 

REALLY a lot of fun to build and paint. THIS is the kind of thing that got me into modeling in the first place! 

How did I miss this? Awesome!!! 

They look superb!  I have 4 of these Bandai Star Wars kits and want more.

I just wish they would knock some out in larger scales!

And yes, Bandai is about as good a model kit company as there is, though a lot of folks don't know it b/c they are not interested in the stuff they make.  They are just outstanding.

Well done on those TIE fighters! 

Thanks! These did fit excellently. Just as easy to build two as it was just one.

Ironically, I entered these as a Tie Fighter twins in the Star Wars split category at our local Omacon a week or two back as more of distraction, and they took second of all things. I feel like I barely put any effort into them, and they fell out out of the box and assembled themselves! 

1 minute ago, Mark M said:

mate there awesome, can you get extra base pieces, they look like they interconnect? you could build the whole death star!!

Thanks, they almost do!  I actually tried to connect them and still display them together, but it was just a bit too tight to display them on just two bases. You probably would need a third or forth base to connect them together and display.