Imperial Tie Fighters - Dual Build - FINISHED!

Out2gtcha

Well gents, I had SO much fun with the Bandai 1/12th Clone trooper and speeder bike I finished, I wanted to start some more Bandai kits, specifically to go with my eventual 72nd Bandai Falcon.

I'm starting things off with the Imperial Tie, & since Tie fighters are never seen all alone, I figured I'd do a pair of them.

20181103_211731-L.jpg

Small Imperial assembly line going ....

20181103_220315-XL.jpg

20181104_013749-XL.jpg

Got our two dinky little Tie pilots completed.......not perfect, but still cool looking IMHO. Much harder to do tiny details in 72nd!  :lol:

still not much will be seen if them once the Tie fighters are assembled

20181104_013730-XL.jpg

20181104_013742-XL.jpg

I then painted the interior of the Tie cockpits MRP Brit Ocean Grey, and then added an enamel AKI wash:

20181104_013803-XL.jpg

I'll let all this dry then proceed on with the rest of the pit stuff.

Stay tuned, I think these will go together fast!  

Man, I think I'm going to be able to paint all the exterior bluish grey parts of these two Ties all at once, and after that, doesnt appear to be much to them save some detail additions and some weathering.

Onward tonight with my custom "Tie Fighter grey" (fortunately I mixed enough I think for the other Tie kits I have as well) of 4 parts MPR Brit Ocean grey, and two parts MRP pale roundel blue!

2 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I may have to snatch a Bandai kit yet, they all look so cool.

If you like SW at all K2, you will NOT regret getting any of the new gen Bandai kits!   The research level of the on-screen actual movie props to the models themselves has to be seen to be believed, even in 72nd. 

But more importantly, the fit level of the new gen Bandai kits is some of the best fit Ive seen on any kit, in any scale, of any subject; and that includes WnW and Tamiya.