Revell Bf 109 G-10 Erla

Pastor John

Hi everyone, thanks for kind words. Hope you do not mind me posting more pics - when you do so few models you get over-excited! I spent some time trying to carefully airbrush out some of the bleaching too much AK Matt varnish had caused. I also added a little more exhaust stain but I did not want to do it as I can not imagine this bird got much of a service life. Photography is crazy - every time I take a picture the green is different depending on lighting conditions and ISO. I did not use a flash this morning - just lower F number so not so much focus but more light - result lighter green than with flash?????? Lower Focal plane beats Flash paper scissors game! - New one for long journeys in car with kids.

IMGP6090.jpgIMGP6092.jpgIMGP6099.jpg

Outstanding John!....love it!

Has AK got a gloss coat paint as well?.....maybe try spraying it over the flat sections that bleached, which should get rid of them, then spray the flat coat back over it again., maybe try on a practice piece first.

I did this years ago with a model that the flat coat frosted, and the gloss coat got rid of the frosting, then the flat coat matted it down again.....might be worth a try.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Thanks guys, Jeff sorry I meant AV not AK and sadly it did not work, no problem as it adds to the general non-monotone Monotone finish haha. Its worse if you use flash photography or too much ISO, normally just looking at it as I pass by (finished model gets looked at very often for first few weeks of its life!) it looks fine so that is good enough. Its not a competition model by any means - there are damaged decals everywhere and all the hatches were a post build idea so there is hardly anything inside. But I like it and that's the bottom line. Thanks again everyone. No one spotted (or said out of politeness) that I forgot to add a FuG 25a IFF antenna or that I stupidly placed the flap indicator decals in the wrong place!!!!!! both issues are now fixed.

Till next time, best wishes

John

Edited by Pastor John

5 hours ago, Pastor John said:

Thanks guys, Jeff sorry I meant AV not AK and sadly it did not work, no problem as it adds to the general non-monotone Monotone finish haha. Its worse if you use flash photography or too much ISO, normally just looking at it as I pass by (finished model gets looked at very often for first few weeks of its life!) it looks fine so that is good enough. Its not a competition model by any means - there are damaged decals everywhere and all the hatches were a post build idea so there is hardly anything inside. But I like it and that's the bottom line. Thanks again everyone. No one spotted (or said out of politeness) that I forgot to add a FuG 25a IFF antenna or that I stupidly placed the flap indicator decals in the wrong place!!!!!! both issues are now fixed.

Till next time, best wishes

John

No worries John!.... glad it all worked out, its a beautiful build!

Cheer’s,

Jeff.