Revell Bf 109 G-10 Erla

Pastor John

Looking good.  I think  you made a good decision going with the repaint.  Don't worry about the appearance of "2-tone" green.  Honestly, some folks aren't convinced that there ever was a 2-tone scheme and write off those pics as just artifacts of shadows and lighting, same as your picture.  

Keep up the good work!

Edited by John1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fanes said:

That's nothing but beautiful!

What are the small decals on the aluminium panels on the lower side of the wing?

They are manufacturer's stencils, and were commonly applied to the Duralumin sheets at the factory. I'm presuming John used the ones from MDC. I've used them before too, and they're quite effective:

37bvFS.jpg

Kev

I thought the stencil face side was normally used facing into the interior of the component and not seen? Are there any photographs showing the stencils on the outer side of the aircraft?

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

I thought the stencil face side was normally used facing into the interior of the component and not seen? Are there any photographs showing the stencils on the outer side of the aircraft?

Usually, from what photos I have seen, but I am not going to bet it not happening occasionally, especially late in the war. 

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

Man, I love that scheme!  I've been thinking about it, lately.

Me as well.  I think those Barracuda decal sheets are long out of stock though....  Not sure if anyone else does those markings.   

I have yet to hear anyone have issues with masking when using MRP paints for regular colours, and more importantly re this build, AK Interactive metallics.

AK do a couple of metallic lines - I forget the one which is just ‘nails’ (Brits will know what I mean!) - but search YouTube and Flory Models do a review of it and show how tough they are.

sorry this won’t help you on this (awesome) build, but hopefully this will help you going forward.

best

Nick

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

That’s what I thought too, although it does look cool!

4 hours ago, John1 said:

Me as well.  I think those Barracuda decal sheets are long out of stock though....  Not sure if anyone else does those markings.   

I have a silhouette portrait.  I can live without decals.