Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon

Vynce804

Hi All,

Another quick update.  The cockpit is now almost finished but you will notice there is no seat yet...i did have the really nice barracuda resin seat and had just about finished painting it when i broke it!...anyway another is on the way.

After i put in the engine there is still a lot of plumbing to put around it and some of it is a real challenge!  for example pipe  D01..as can be seen in the pic of the instructions.  Now as hard as i tried i couldn't get it in...im wondering if any of you have managed better than me and if there is some sort of special technique to get it in...If you have any suggestions please let me know.  Other than the cockpit i have been painting some of the structure that goes into the wing (please ignore the state of my work area!), I've made a start on the prop and the cannons are coming on, though they are still a work in progress.

Cheers

Matt

R5Pyfoc.jpg

H1ZXfhg.jpg

VcprqfF.jpg

2wo9kHQ.jpg

HQ0mr8X.jpg

VrC0KOW.jpg

On 12/3/2018 at 2:47 AM, Uncarina said:

Great progress! I really like how you are bringing the detail to life with those highlights.

Cheers,  Tom

Thanks Tom,  the highlights are something I’m using more and more as the contrast they give really brings the model to life... for me anyway! They are difficult to get right and I’m still finding my way with it... I’ve already re-painted the canons as I didn’t like the end result... well  I did say they were still a work in progress.  

I should hopefully close the wings and fuselage in the next few days so maybe I’ll start to catch you up a bit!

cheers

Matt

A few more progress pics.  The radiator is now mounted to the engine..very tricky especially when everything is painted and quite delicate.  The auxiliary plumbing was the worst part but its in now!  Ive also mated the internal structure to the lower wing and will let the glue dry for a day or 2 before i do anything else with it.  still plenty to do though, i repainted the canons and am much happier 2nd time around and have painted my replacement seat....ill try not to break it this time!

Cheers

Matt

bC4qgPn.jpg

dSbC83i.jpg

TRtBhYv.jpg

uuvXzYl.jpg

90jjQSH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Progress is slow at the moment, but I'm still making progress!  Gun bays are painted and weathered as are the wheel wells.  All the wing internal structure is in (boy was it fiddly!) and I've finally managed to get the wings together!  fuselage is also joined and that should go on in the next few days.  Im starting to see light at the end of the construction tunnel!

cheers

Matt

NZiwfdm.jpg

eN4x8ii.jpg

R9emckD.jpg