Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon

Vynce804

Hi,  the ammo boxes are the kit parts.  Painted ak extreme metal aluminium.  The raised detail is picked out with ak extreme metal dark aluminium followed by a dark brown wash and then oil shading in the top corner of each panel with a very small amount of sepia oil paint blended with a dry brush.  Ammo is eduard and comes with the resin cannons I’m using.  Painted ak extreme metal brass with a custom red brown mix for the tips and a dark brown strap.  Then I applied quite a thick black wash to give extra depth.  I was looking at the kit ammo and think you could get a similar result as it actually looks very good.  Hope this info helps and thanks for the comment.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,  I hope everyone has had a brilliant Xmas.  Over the holiday i found time to finish the construction of the Typhoon,  Ive got to say bringing the major fuselage and wing components together was a major challenge and came together gradually as i stitched it together over several days using various forms of persuasion!  All ready for paint now,  but as you might notice in the last pic and maybe under the influence of too much mulled wine I've decided to briefly stop this build and start my car door typhoon!  It seemed to make sense as i can use all of what i have learned with this one to hopefully make quick progress and  will complete this one all closed up and have some plans for which markings to do which will hopefully contrast nicely with my bubble top!  Thank you for all of the kind comments about my work, its a real pleasure to be involved with this forum.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2019!

Cheers

Matt

36DPSvr.jpg

xKbRKDQ.jpg

2pGpYMF.jpg

RBgzeTt.jpg

Y2zukD2.jpg

9Lxo4Xd.jpg

bTfnXh4.jpg

QUKwOVF.jpg

N19rQO5.jpg

Jozfsl9.jpg

Looks good and I like the decision to start the car door, I tend to do the same once I get to the paint stage on one kit I start another. With two near identical kits it makes even more sense to use the knowledge gained while it is fresh

Cheers

Dennis

Ok so ill run this thread as a dual work in progress for both of my Typhoons rather than have 2.   So have managed to get a big chunk of the construction finished and managed to get some paint on the internal structure as well as started painting the instrument and side panels.  Ive decided to add a pilot into the car door typhoons cockpit and have started modifying  a resin pilot which is a major improvement over the one in the kit.

Cheers

Matt

gh4lzqt.jpg

rkJtCU0.jpg

rbECLuq.jpg

cYfvWT6.jpg

Y7UwfXi.jpg