1/32 HS293?

32scalelover

8 hours ago, BiggTim said:

If someone has any info they can send me, or an example in a different scale, I'm looking for a winter project to practice on with Fusion 360. If I have any luck, we could 3D print it.

Put me on the list for one if you can get it to work.  That is awesome!!

18 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Hmmm....maybe I don't need to model it? Check this out...https://sketchfab.com/models/d7739216abbf4196afb26a96799a332d

Tim

This model looks indeed very nice on the screen, and - in my eyes - would be totally sufficent for example in a computer game. Thanks to 3d computer gaphics, it looks nice smooth from nearly every angle. But I'm no sure if it is sufficent for our expectations as modellers. If you look at the 3d-model from the  front, you'll see that the cross-section of the round fuselage is actually a polygon with just 24 segments. It's hardly visible on screen, but would propably look pretty angular when printed. The higher the number of segments, the rounder it will look.

15 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

I don't know much about 3D printing either.  Would this have to split up into 4 or 5 pieces to be printed? (wings, bomb body, boosters)

That yould be my approach.

Cheers

Alex

Edited by AlexM

I made contact with Wayne Pearce, the guy who built the model on Sketchfab I linked to above. He is very willing to allow someone to try 3D printing it in 1/32 scale and see how it turns out. Is there anyone here who has a printer and would like to try it? I was thinking maybe Steve from Model Monkey?

1 hour ago, BiggTim said:

Is there anyone here who has a printer and would like to try it? I was thinking maybe Steve from Model Monkey?

That may be the perfect situation for a smaller item like that. I know it would likely have to be made in several parts, but still would be an interesting project if not lo much overhead.

Although looking back now, didnt Steve design his stuff then send the design to ShapWays for the actual printing?

I talked to Steve, and he looked the model over. Unfortunately, it is not optimized for the type of printing he now does, so someone would have to do a significant amount of work to it to make it printable. I may take a crack at it this winter as a practice project, so we'll see. Anyone else who is interested in doing it can drop me a PM and I'll connect you with the original modeler, if you like.

And, yes, Steve does his own printing now for many of his items, but you can still order some through Shapeways as well.

Tim

• 1 year later...
On 10/29/2018 at 4:00 PM, 32scalelover said:

I have been completing the Fly 1/32 AR234B in the Rechlin test scheme and was looking for a HS293 to mount under the plane but have not been able to find one.  Does anyone know where I might find one?

Greg

The Arado 234 cannot carry the Hs 293. The only hard-point strong enough to carry it is under the fuselage and there is not enough clearance between the ground and the carrier. 

HTH 

Radu