PZL P11 III “Cleveland” 1932 from scratch scale 1/32

Marcin_Matejko

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my last souvenir for PZL P11, silver in SMW 2019   :thumbsup:

This trip ends my modeling season this year and at the same time ends the career of this model. As always, Telford was great. Models at club shows and a master class competition, there was something to watch. I was a bit surprised that the best aircraft of this competition was disqualified, I mean BOEING F4B-4 on 1/32 scale! More and more new models in 1/32 scale are appearing on the stand of modeling companies, which makes us very happy. Although I have to admit that due to the high quality of these sets they are more and more boring models and their construction is no model challenge but rather easy. However, the effects achieved by the manufacturers of these models are impressive. Which only increases the availability and popularity of our hobby, so all in all good. Thank you for a nice chat at the LSP exhibition, best regards Marcin :)

b641cd8144c44b15.jpg
Now you have to start building a new model, but somehow I have no power .:oops:

9 hours ago, Marcin_Matejko said:

Here is my last souvenir for PZL P11, silver in SMW 2019   :thumbsup:

This trip ends my modeling season this year and at the same time ends the career of this model. As always, Telford was great. Models at club shows and a master class competition, there was something to watch. I was a bit surprised that the best aircraft of this competition was disqualified, I mean BOEING F4B-4 on 1/32 scale! More and more new models in 1/32 scale are appearing on the stand of modeling companies, which makes us very happy. Although I have to admit that due to the high quality of these sets they are more and more boring models and their construction is no model challenge but rather easy. However, the effects achieved by the manufacturers of these models are impressive. Which only increases the availability and popularity of our hobby, so all in all good. Thank you for a nice chat at the LSP exhibition, best regards Marcin :)

b641cd8144c44b15.jpg

Wow, congrats again!  Well deserved.   Out of curiosity, why was the BOEING F4B-4 disqualified?

BOEING F4B-4 was disqualified because it was considered a diorama, not an airplane model. Mainly due to the fact that there were parts dismantled from it near the model. Oddly enough, with other models similar arrangements of the stand were no longer a problem. For me, this model and the model of a large helicopter were the best aviation models. The winners of the FW200 Condor, although very good, could not even compare with them.

e9e33b80549f1af0.jpg

Congratulations again Marcin! Well deserved award, your P.11 is just superb. Following your build thread was such a pleasure.

I am interested to see what you do next!

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

To be fair, I just read that the Condor model was based on the Koster vac kit, and featured a lot of scratch-building. That doesn't mean that it's necessarily a better model than the two presented here, but that it was more than merely a nice build of the Trumpeter kit.

Kev

Wow, that is crazy that it got disqualified for being in the wrong category.

In the IPMS shows I've been to here in the states, generally they go over models prior to judging and sometimes they take models and put them in a different category/class.