361st FG P-51D Colour Confirmation!!

Aviacom

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

No, not “whatever”.  This is how historical research is done.  The most likely and obvious answer is usually correct.  The further you have to reach, the less likely it becomes.  If you’re not interested in discussing this, then don’t comment.  

You do not have to respond like an arrogant jack___ every time about something as trivial as the color of an airplane over 70 years ago.  These issues are more fun to discuss for many of us than important. 

Your abrasive and arrogant tone reflects poorly on you and it flares up regularly on here.  It has a lasting affect in ways that are not immediately apparent in the heat of the moment.

Edited by esarmstrong

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 10:55 AM, rigor said:

Love these threads. Well my guess is they had a shortage of paint. Mixed up what they had and slapped it on. Giving it the blue tint but if I'm correct. Doesn't mixed blue and green make purple  lol 

MIxing blue and green will yield blue-green or green-blue depending on the mix.  You can't get purple without red.

9 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

:deadhorse:

Indeed. I dont think anyone who is a staunch supporter of one side or the other is going to be swayed by most any photographs or documentation unless proved to be from the Gov re: the paint and application itself at the time of application.