Sign in to follow this  
cxk5075

Squadron Flash Sale!

I’m not affiliated with Squadron, but until midnight you can score 20% off new kits by using the code “FTTFF”

Works on pre-orders too!

Not in a long while.  The last time was during the 2017 Nationals.  The "in stock soon" on so many items put me off the web site.  But this is old news I said during another thread last year.

Rick

The KH stuff is a bad example, but Sprue Brothers is selling the F-5E for $104, so......

I still buy from Squadron when they have a 20% off sale, but I’m judicious about what I’ll buy.  There are some items they have that are worth it, and cherry picking some over priced stuff doesn’t mean they don’t have anything worthwhile.  See they have the new Trumpy Tu-128 in stock, which would be about $42 after the discount.

Biggest problem that I run into is a lot of stuff being out of stock.  But, I’ll look and like anywhere else, if they have what I want in stock at a good price, I’ll go for it.  If not, I’ll simply move on.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

The KH stuff is a bad example, but Sprue Brothers is selling the F-5E for $104, so......

Almost literally half the price of SB and Squadron.   And it took me 5 seconds to find it.

C3F92p.jpg

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Well, let's see.  Squadron has their HK B-17's in stock for 299.  Take 20% off and that's 60 bucks less.  That sounds pretty good to me.  Does anyone know of a better deal?  If so, let me know.   I've been on the fence with the 'E' waiting for it to come down in price, but so far it ain't happening.  So I've got 2 hours left, and I'm about to pull the trigger on it.

Thanks cxk5075 for the heads up. If I hadn't logged in tonight, I would have not known abut the flash sale. Such a deal!  Ain't gonna find one like that on e bay that's fer sure.  Just checked.  Jeezz, what have I done.  Not sure if I'll ever build it, but I'll settle for that warm and fuzzy feeling of just having it in my possession.  BAM!  I didn't see that one coming.  My credit card just took another hit.  We're a crazy bunch, aren't we.

Edited by Patrick HMD

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Almost literally half the price of SB and Squadron.   And it took me 5 seconds to find it.

C3F92p.jpg

I’m well aware of the eBay prices of the kit.  In fact, that’s where I got my two.  My point was that they are greatly overpriced at other US shops too, likely because of the importer jacking up the prices of KH kits, so signaling out Squadron for KH while ignoring that other shops are similarly overpriced isn’t right.  It seems fashionable to bash Squadron just because, when in reality some of their prices aren’t that bad, especially with 20% off deal.  My comment about cherry picking prices to make a point still stands.

My complaint with Squadron is that nothing is in stock, and they don't carry mainstream kit manufacturers that they should.

They often do not have what I am looking for.

And why do they continue to mail me printed color catalogs?  It's not 1974!  The internet exists!  

They could probably cut kit prices if they would stop endlessly mailing those nice catalogs to everyone who has ever spent 10 cents at their store.

I wonder what their annual cost is for printing and mailing those things!

Glad I didn't see this last night. I would have pulled the trigger on the Lancaster and cancelled the preorder I have with Free Times.  Every once in a while Squadron really offers up some good deals.  You just have to have the patience to muddle through the details and not get upset that what you were really wanting is not truly on sale at this time, even with the discounts. 

14 hours ago, ringleheim said:

And why do they continue to mail me printed color catalogs?  It's not 1974!  The internet exists! 

Some of us old fogies still like 'em.

Rxg7vrN.jpg