P-51 B Mustang III

Nic C.D.

Thank you all for the nice comments! It really isn't a hard kit to build, and for the price (it was under 30 euro) you get a lot of value. The engine was built and painted too and since the top engine cover isn't glued, you can see it, but no extra detail was added, like I usually do. 

I'm sorry about the bazookas - I thought they looked cool. I didn't research the use of it by the Polish squadron... My bad! 

I'm working on KH's F-5 now, another nice kit from them. For that one, I did ad some detail to the cockpit though...

Thanks for looking!

Nic

20 hours ago, Robthepom said:

perfect paint and weathering, what a great model

Perfect paint and weathering, I agree but a great model? I don't know. Doesn't look like a Mustang to me.

It's a pity Nic didn't choose a better canvas to display his outstanding skills!

Cheers,

Quang

6 hours ago, Bill Cross said:

Am I missing something?

Indeed. The wing lack of dihedral for one. There are also fuselage shape issues too many to mention here.

Heaven knows I’m not one who’s shy at butchering plastic but the Trumpeter’s P-51B is beyond redemption.

YMMV of course.

For 5 euros more, Nic could have bought the Revell early P-51D and build it. That would be a different story.

Cheers,

Quang

9 hours ago, quang said:

Indeed. The wing lack of dihedral for one. There are also fuselage shape issues too many to mention here.

Heaven knows I’m not one who’s shy at butchering plastic but the Trumpeter’s P-51B is beyond redemption.

YMMV of course.

For 5 euros more, Nic could have bought the Revell early P-51D and build it. That would be a different story.

Thanks, Quang, that clarifies things. Sometimes you guys are a bit too deep into the details for those of us who might just be looking for a cool build. I will look at the Revell kit over the Trumpeter one now.