P-51 B Mustang III

Nic C.D.

Here are a few photos of my newly built Trumpeter P-51 B Mustang III, built straight out of the box, except for seatbelts. I was wondering how this kit would build (bought for less than 30 euro) after reading so much about it. It built quite easily. Most enjoyable, actually! And in time to take the kit to Telford in 3 weeks time.

I hope you like the result; the pilot seems to be quite happy to pose for a photo next to it...

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

I hope to get another 1/32 kit ready for the deadline, but not sure I will make it...

Thanks for watching !

Nic

Was wondering about the Trumpeter P-51B kits since I had heard so many bad things about them and

that they were unbuildable.  You have proved they can be built and yours looks awesome.  I have

both the Mustang B/C and Mustang III so will not hesitate to give them a go.  

Outstanding job Nic.

Cheers,

Jerry   :piliot:

Edited by K5IKL

Goodness!!! Absolutely superb finish, and a nice tribute to the pilot...Squadron Leader Eugeniusz Horbaczewski. I am blown away by the convincing and very fine, realistic paint and weathering.

Having seen a couple of masterful builds of this kit, this one has to be at the top. There are issues with the accuracy of the Trumpeter kit, but you've shown that a determined and skilled modeller can build a convincing representation. Excellent job!!!

One small point, if you don't mind, but the RAF didn't use the underwing bazookas in NW Europe...although it is pretty mean-looking! 

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka