Seat Straps - SPADS and Nieuports

SimonCornes

Hi Thierry

I just had a look on the Hannants site and the only thing I can find is the Eduard set for the Roden SPAD VII. A pity they don't do the straps alone but, to be honest, I would prefer HGW fabric belts but I accept that I could use the image of the Eduard straps as a pattern for some out of lead foil. I'm surprised that HGW don't do a set though. I am also looking for straps for a Roden Fokker Dr.I but again, nothing listed. I suppose they could be somewhere between an  Eindecker and a D.VII ? !!! 

Eduard does have a set of WW1 French Seatbelts - not sure which are for SPAD and for Nieuport though

https://www.eduard.com/store/eduard/seatbelts-france-wwi-steel-1-32.html

The HGW Fokker DVII straps could be used for the DrI - they are very similar looking, at least to my eyes - that is my intent if I ever get back to that build....

Thanks for that Petrov, I have found the item now. Very different to other forces straps and a pity HGW don't do a set! Something to add to my Telford purchases list with Hannants I think! Thanks also for the opinion re Dr.I straps, I will go with your suggestion

On 10/25/2018 at 2:01 PM, SimonCornes said:

Hi Thierry

I just had a look on the Hannants site and the only thing I can find is the Eduard set for the Roden SPAD VII. A pity they don't do the straps alone but, to be honest, I would prefer HGW fabric belts but I accept that I could use the image of the Eduard straps as a pattern for some out of lead foil. I'm surprised that HGW don't do a set though. I am also looking for straps for a Roden Fokker Dr.I but again, nothing listed. I suppose they could be somewhere between an  Eindecker and a D.VII ? !!! 

Part does a crazily busy set for the Camel. Here's my review of that set. Part also does a set for the Dr.I, and perhaps a couple of others as well.

5 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

Thanks Kevin - just looked - there lies madness , have closed it quickly!!

Thierry, thank you, that could be very useful. Only 2 sets I see, will RB have a stock at Telford I wonder? I'm not going to put money on it!!

Yep, it's kind of crazy, but crazy cool.