BIG Vincent Black Shadow master finished...

GuildAero

Hi all,

for those interested in 'bikes, the brass master for the Vincent Black Shadow in 1/6th scale is now done and I am just checking that all the dummy nuts and bolts are there...and there's a LOT of them!

The wheel rims and tyres have been expertly done on his SLA machine by a forum member who I shan't mention unless he wants me to, but they are very nice indeed even have writing on the tyre walls.  Seat, tank, battery and headlight case are all in resin due to size or master material, everything else is white metal from hundreds of brass masters. As far as I could see (and that was never easy as nobody admits to owning one) every nut and bolt is shown and most actually do something in the assembly.  Instructions will be done with photos, apparently. Hmmmmm, I'm a drawing man meself.  Decals are being done by Fantasy Workshop who still make proper decals with a carrier film so you don't have to cut round them!

Official launch is at the Bike show at Stafford in April.

Future plans are for a Black Lightning version, possibly a D series, then onto other makes of British bike that will not, we're sure, disappoint. If demand has it, even the Black Knight and Black Prince enclosed versions will be done.  All, of course, in 1/6th scale.

Cheers,

Martin

Edited by GuildAero

I don't have photos of all of the model as there is just too much of it, but I do have a few odds and sods.  Trouble is, I can't put them up on here from my computer.  And Photobucket are gone, so that's it for me and pics, until the forum gets modernised.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Another 3 mould's worth of parts delivered today. That's 4 moulds down and 5 to go,  plus another company's work on bigger parts and resin cast parts and tyres.

No pics I'm afraid.  Even flickr are now getting awkward.  Forums should allow loading from one's own files.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Gents,

I have tonight received the master of the engine casings and wheel rims back fro Griffin Moulds who contracted to produce the deeper castings.  What I have is a bag of thousands of pieces of Ureol and brass, where they have utterly destroyed the masters. the 2 engine case castings from heavily deformed moulds are bent beyond usefulness.  I am now faced with the task of re making the entire engine from scratch all over again, which will take several weeks.

I just thought you should know that we are now behind by that many weeks at least PLUS the task of finding another caster who actually CAN do what they claim is a "normal job of casting".  At no point have they contacted either me or the man behind the project, merely sent a parcel by dpd which didn't arrive when it should have twice!

Martin

Marus, thanks, but I don't possess a "cell" phone. I have a phone only phone for emergencies since I had a hearty attack. I might even know how to turn it on!  And believe me, you don't want to see the mess Griffin Moulds made of my master.  One commentator said it had been burned, another thought it deliberate, another had never seen such destruction, he said.  It really is that bad and at no point did they think to contact me. Just sent it back by that most incompetent bunch DPD, who didn't deliver for 2 days!

This is really a disaster.  We desperately need a caster of large white metal lumps who can use either low temperature silicon or preferably RTV700 poured cold cure rubber.

Cheers,

Martin

I am about to re-make the engine casings masters in brass as they are essentially flat faces and wrappers with details added. I didn't realise this at the start and anyway had intended the engine halves to be done in resin, but Richard wanted them in metal so they could be polished for the Rapide versions.

I have last night ordered a sheet of 2mm brass to start work on the masters and will today draw it up again.

I will also have to find a new caster with deep moulds.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Martin